Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > About this "Global Warming" bushwa
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 9:22 am 
Maybe Al Gore would like to come help me cut extra firewood crazy.gif It snowed, and then it snowed some more. I'm really ready for spring. Warm evenings, baseball games, trout fishing, plowing and planting the veggie garden...and getting out on the trail. At my age, there probably aren't too many treks up to the High Lonesome left in me.. At this rate, I figure by next fall, I might have a shot at a mastadon for the meat locker.

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
pacyew

pacyew
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 9:46 am 
Me too. Ready for Spring. Nice view from the yard. Sometimes wild critters seem to know more about what's happening to the climate they live in better than someone viewing the whole scene from a test tube. Our moose have been moving south about twelve miles a year over the last few decades. I remember twenty years ago, they were concentrated around the NE corner of the state. Now there seems to be a fair population along the N. Shore of Lake Chelan. with more sightings far south every season. Unlike us, they have no personal rice bowls to worry about or careers to massage. Nothing to think about but the Northern Habitat that feeds their bellies. Moose are not a tropical animal. They seem to think that "North" is moving South. But, then, what do they know?

BeyondLost
Crazy Bob

BeyondLost
Crazy Bob
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 10:13 am 
They know where there is open range and food. Ever since the wild fires have burned large areas of the Methow allowing regrowth of browse that the moose like we are seeing more moose too. Apparently not so much to do with temps and snow but browse. Have to wonder if all the fires around Lake Chelan in recent years are a factor there too.

Toonces
unleashed

Toonces
unleashed
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 10:25 am 
Dave Workman wrote:
Maybe Al Gore would like to come help me cut extra firewood
I think this fella'd be alot more helpful . . .

If you show fear, a monkey will bully you.
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 10:30 am 
Crack scientific team uncovers global warming hoax!

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
touron

touron
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 11:59 am 
Spotted near downtown Seattle area...
The fact that there are not only moose in Seattle, but that they are also wearing clothes, should indicate that global cooling is much further advanced than any of the scientists realize.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
mike

mike
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 1:03 pm 
Quote:
Getting the ranch in Paraguay ready for "retirement"

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Mar 30, 2008 2:22 pm 
I thought I had enough firewood cut for next winter. If next winter is like this winter, I better go get some more. The only seasoned wood I have left for this winter is the junky stuff you use to pile the good stuff on or use for campfires. On a good note, the elk and deer still look healthy so they've been finding munchies around. And firewood for next winter has been plentiful thanks to all the stormy weather. It ain't all bad. The weather, that is...

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostMon Mar 31, 2008 6:20 am 
kleet wrote:
Crack scientific team uncovers global warming hoax!
ykm.gif rotf.gif ykm.gif

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostMon Mar 31, 2008 6:26 am 
Toonces wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:
Maybe Al Gore would like to come help me cut extra firewood
I believe you're right. Here's a fellow obviously not afraid of a little hard work, sweat, or what some snooty twerps might say about his clothes and hat as a means of inflating their own egos. biggrin.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Apr 01, 2008 7:39 am 
Sheesh, do we need crackpot anti-global warming nonsense in every thread? Would it be too much to ask that people who don't believe in GW learn at least a little about it before denouncing it? GW theories predict more swings in temperature extremes, and more snowfall in many places. No matter how much snow we get, it can't possibly disprove GW in any way. And the cheap shot at Al Gore was uncalled-for. Mr Gore is ten times as intelligent as those who routinely trash him. In any case, politics is banned except in the Stewardship forum, and even then it must be directly related to the stewardship issue under discussion. If the moderators would nip some of this nonsense in the bud, there would be fewer pointless arguments around here.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Apr 01, 2008 9:37 am 
ditto.gif ditto.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Apr 01, 2008 1:26 pm 
Slugman wrote:
No matter how much snow we get, it can't possibly disprove GW in any way. And the cheap shot at Al Gore was uncalled-for. Mr Gore is ten times as intelligent as those who routinely trash him.
That's your opinion Sluggo. And YOU and your fellow GW "the sky is falling" cohorts cant possible prove GW in anyway. There are as many scientists who disbelieve in it as those who support it. You're love for Al Gore-bachev not withstanding, this is all about money. Al had a net worth of around two million dollars when he left the office of the Vice President. At the moment he's worth around one hundred million dollars. Go Al. moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Conrad
Meadow bagger

Conrad
Meadow bagger
PostTue Apr 01, 2008 1:55 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
There are as many scientists who disbelieve in it as those who support it.
Are we just making stuff up and stating it as fact now? Cool! Can I make up my own facts?

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Apr 01, 2008 1:58 pm 
I don't have hard numbers. Who does have hard numbers of all the scientists around the globe? Certainly you don't hear from those who disagree with Al and his pals unless you look for them. But they are there and there are more of them than you think.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln