Forum Index > Food & Grub > For The Last Minute Planner
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon Apr 21, 2008 1:58 pm 
I don't often post recipes here but I had fun doing this one. To do it I went to the grocery store and made myself find everything in the recipe in one store with no cheating and using fancy pants items I buy online that no one else can find.... biggrin.gif The recipe is for all you last minute trip planners - this is a recipe for a 5 am grocery store run as you leave town. You can get everything you need and be on your way! The recipe and shopping list: Pizza Ramen For two: 2 3-ounce packages of ramen (any flavor) 1 3-ounce package julienne cut sun dried tomatoes 1 small shelf stable package sliced pepperoni 1 packet Italian dry dressing mix 2 packets string cheese Small bottle olive oil Small container shelf stable Parmesan cheese Box of steamer bags Bring 3 cups water to a near boil. Meanwhile open up the 2 packets of ramen and put into a steamer bag, crumbling them up a bit. Discard the 'flavor packet'. Add in about half the bag of tomatoes (or more!). Pour the hot water over the ramen. Seal the bag tightly and put into a cozy for 3-5 minutes. Dice the cheese up and take out one packet of pepperoni (each package has two packets). Drain carefully all the water but about 1 Tbsp. Add in 1-2 Tbsp olive oil, a couple tsps of the Italian mix and stir up. Toss in the pepperoni and cheese. Stir in and toss some Parmesan on top. Serves 1 Beastmaster to 2 normal appetites. As I mention in the video, pick up some nice rolls in the store's bakery to go with it and hey, grab some dessert as well!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chippster
Shiver me timbers

Chippster
Shiver me timbers
PostMon Apr 21, 2008 2:12 pm 
actually looks really tasty...i'll have to give this a go on my next overnighter smile.gif thanks!

https://nwtd.co Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message