Forum Index > The Trading Post > FS: Feathered Friends Swallow
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
grasshopper

grasshopper
PostTue Apr 22, 2008 8:25 pm 
Swallow 20°F/-6.7°C Loft: 5" Girth: 60/56/38 Stuff Size: 7" X 14" Fill Weight: 16.3 (oz) Average Weight: 32 (oz) Clean, excellent condition, only a little over a year old, blueberry/black, 850+ fill. PM if interested.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostTue Apr 22, 2008 8:43 pm 
I have my own Swallow already, and this is an awesome bag. Nothing but the best from Feathered Friends - I've had mine down to 0F twice and was perfectly warm.

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
grasshopper

grasshopper
PostWed Apr 23, 2008 9:21 am 
Dane wrote:
I have my own Swallow already, and this is an awesome bag. Nothing but the best from Feathered Friends - I've had mine down to 0F twice and was perfectly warm.
0 degrees? How'd you do that Dane? I was still chilled at 20 degrees, but didn't use many tricks for pushing sleeping bag ratings. I got a Sandpiper, and I want to use that as my primary bag. Feathered Friends is awesome, the stitching is impeccable.

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostWed Apr 23, 2008 9:48 am 
I have two overstuffed hummingbirds that are 10 years old with Dryloft shells. Still holding on, good bags ! campfire.gif

Living in the Anthropocene
Luc

Luc
PostWed Apr 23, 2008 2:02 pm 
grasshopper wrote:
Dane wrote:
0 degrees? How'd you do that Dane? I was still chilled at 20 degrees, but didn't use many tricks for pushing sleeping bag ratings. I got a Sandpiper, and I want to use that as my primary bag. Feathered Friends is awesome, the stitching is impeccable.
dane did it with puff pants and a jacket on. i saw him.

GNGSTR
ASBrauer
Nerd

ASBrauer
Nerd
PostWed Apr 23, 2008 2:27 pm 
Luc wrote:
grasshopper wrote:
Dane wrote:
dane did it with puff pants and a jacket on. i saw him.
Naaa.... his "zeal for king and country" kept him warm. clown.gif

Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostWed Apr 23, 2008 2:38 pm 
Yup, puffy pants and jacket helped...so did my 3.5" thick down filled air matress. Actually I forgot I've spent 3 wintry nights out with this bag - the first was my trip to Royal Basin, when I only had 3-season clothes and no ability to boil water to keep warm. I'll put a big YMMV disclaimer on that one though, I wouldn't expect to recreate that experience under all 0F conditions. Also, the Swallow isn't cross-baffled so you can redistribute the down that is on the bottom of the bag and put most of it on top and on the sides, giving you the ability to "overstuff" the top part of the bag as much as you like.

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
Luc

Luc
PostWed Apr 23, 2008 2:56 pm 
wearing garments in the bag is a great way of extending the bag's usability also, like Dane said: the air matress is key too. On an outing he and I went on, my Prolite didn't do a thing for me compared to his Cali King.

GNGSTR