Forum Index > Food & Grub > Cooking Presenation In Bremerton
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Apr 30, 2008 12:21 pm 
This coming Monday, may 5th at 7 pm, Dicentra and I will be putting on a cooking presentation in Bremerton, Washington. The Kitsap Branch of The Mountaineers are our hosts for the evening. From their website: " May General Meeting on Monday, May 5, 7PM at Norm Dicks Government Center: Freezer Bag Cooking with author Sarah Kirkconnell Sarah Kirkconnell will be our speaker for the May 5 General Meeting program. Sarah is author of "Freezer Bag Cooking: Trail Food Made Simple" and was featured in Backpacker Magazine in December 2007. She will be sharing tips on nutrition and cooking techniques, and weather permitting, a demo too. For more information, visit http://www.freezerbagcooking.com. This will definitely get you thinking about those upcoming trips! Part of the program will be outside so please dress accordingly. The Kitsap Branch is holding its general meeting on Monday, May 5 at 7:00 PM at the Norm Dicks Government Center in Bremerton. Our general meetings are for all members and anyone interested in what the Mountaineers have to offer in a broad range of outdoor activities. Mark your calendars now and join us at the Norm Dicks Government Building in downtown Bremerton at 7:00 PM on Monday, May 5. Bring your friends. Norm Dicks Government Center is located at 345 6th Street, Bremerton, WA 98337. " This presentation is open to the public and is free to attend. Dicentra and I will be discussing the basics on protecting your food from animals, food safety, lots of gear to paw and touch and as well we will be making a number of recipes - and of course samples will be had! If you have wanted to go beyond dayhiking or get more ideas, we'd love to see you there on Monday! ~Sarah

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ree

ree
PostWed Apr 30, 2008 12:25 pm 
up.gif up.gif up.gif Hmmm. I'd love to make it. But it's on a Monday... Not sure I can swing it. hmmm.gif

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Apr 30, 2008 3:42 pm 
Ree, yeah the Monday thing could be an issue for some. Ah well! Can I bribe you with tasty gorp? I figure I'll ply a similar gorp onto the attendees that we served at Trails Fest last summer - I served up over 20 lbs of it last summer and still ran out just past noon! Btw, I will be at Trails Fest again this summer and will be doing a presentation again. We are hoping to have book 2 out by then...and use it as one of our launches for it. Kirk and I are a corporate sponsor this year of WTA's Fest as well smile.gif

Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostWed Apr 30, 2008 3:47 pm 
Good for you guys! I won't be able to be there, but it makes me so happy to see how your business has grown. up.gif

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon May 05, 2008 1:04 pm 
Shameless bump for myself lol.gif Tonight at 7 pm smile.gif Would love to meet more of you all!

ree

ree
PostMon May 05, 2008 3:00 pm 
Hey have fun t'night, Sarbar! I can't make it... Mondays leave me too shell-shocked to do much of anything more than drool in front of the tv.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostMon May 05, 2008 3:07 pm 
Damn, good going! You hit the big time up.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
reststep

reststep
PostTue May 06, 2008 4:09 pm 
Thanks for a great presentation last night sarbar and dicentra. I learned some good ideas I hope to try for food on the trail.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostTue May 06, 2008 4:14 pm 
Damn, Wish I would have seen this thread! Call me next time you're in town...

There's a mostly unspoken acknowledgment among the voluntarily impoverished that it's better to be fiscally poor yet rich in experience-living the dream-than to be traditionally wealthy but live separate from one's passions.
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostTue May 06, 2008 4:43 pm 
MtnWkr wrote:
Damn, Wish I would have seen this thread! Call me next time you're in town...
Which I stupidly realized I hadn't told you as I pulled up into town. Sheesh, we could have gotten some meat onto you bones lol.gif