Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Color of your car says a lot about you
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostMon May 19, 2008 11:16 am 
I sold my dark blue Mazda for a used silver Outback - does that mean I'm gradually becoming more of a pessimist? Looks like I'm working my way downward on that list!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostMon May 19, 2008 11:45 am 
I've had about every color car you can imagine over the years, I don't think color was ever a determining factor in a vehicle. winksmile.gif

Living in the Anthropocene
Brucester

Brucester
PostMon May 16, 2016 2:03 pm 
Thanks Rob, been looking at this cross bike that's green. Just love the bike for some reason. The ride mainly. I should look past the color and focus on the bike itself. I was sharing my bike test ride experience with a coworker and he said "green is life" when I confessed my opinion of the color. I can be so sarcastic and cynical, but I love hearing positive input. Just like a breath of fresh air. Green how green? Sorta like a variation of Hemi 'Cuda green, not as bright as some of the ones on the internet images. I was thinking, get green and be seen. Something good on the roads, when I ride on them......

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon May 16, 2016 4:07 pm 
You could always strip it down and re-paint. it's a bicycle, can't take that long to get it all apart. Putting it back together might be a different story though. As for my cars, if I was buying new I'd be more picky, but i've never owned a new car. When shopping for used cars I avoid white and red if I can, but have owned a bright red truck in the past and my current truck was called "Wine" by Toyota. It's what most people would describe as maroon or burgundy. In the 1990s Green used to be the most popular color for new cars. Now it's hard to find green. Everything's so bland - white, black, silver/gray, maybe a blue, maybe a red. Bleh. I loved the '70s when you could order a bright orange car with a green interior just by checking the right boxes on the order sheet... LOL! I saw a big 'ol mid '60s Pontiac convertible that was bright yellow on the outside with a red interior. Someone dubbed it the "bloody banana." rotf.gif

mike

mike
PostMon May 16, 2016 5:02 pm 
My truck is "dirt" since our road turned to dust. Before that it was "mud".

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri May 20, 2016 1:40 am 
Old enough that I've owned maybe fifteen vehicles of a wide variety of colors. But from absence of two schemes you can be sure that I don't think painting my vehicle camo makes it invisible, and from lack of ownership of a particular pink-cream that I am not a high volume Mary Kay vendor. I do like seeing the Mary Kay more than the camo.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
gb

gb
PostMon May 23, 2016 6:12 pm 
My car turns out to be dark green. When my very old Subaru rusted out I asked my mechanic to keep an eye out for a good quality used Sub. Very happy mechanically and that is what counts.

Frosty

Frosty
PostWed May 25, 2016 10:42 am 
My blue rav tells I like value in a car. The cute brown one had the unobtrusive color, but was 6 years older than the one I bought as a demo with 4k km on it. Plus it was at a dealer that was willing to discount price of my flight down to Vancouver and reimburse me for taxi to dealership. I was headed down to Courtney anyway for a nieces wedding... So not really a tough call...

Frosty, Lucky enough to live where it snows in the winter! smile.gif