Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > My Rant
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
like2thruhike

like2thruhike
PostMon May 06, 2013 7:32 am 
People who leave needles by campfires....

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat May 11, 2013 12:36 pm 
I'm digging a hole. I've been digging this hole for over a week now. Now I have learned that I will in fact not end up in China, but rather somewhere in the middle of the Indian Ocean At the least I would have expected to end up on dry land.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostMon May 13, 2013 8:11 am 
People with outdoor cats that don't think it's a problem that their cat hangs out in my yard. It will be a big problem for them when my dogs catch it...

Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostMon May 13, 2013 1:17 pm 
I'll second that rant, and add that ANYONE with an outdoor cat should not be surprised when it disappears after crapping in my garden. I have a live trap and it is off to SCRAPS for them.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
phillyjon

phillyjon
PostThu May 16, 2013 7:04 am 
People who hate cats.

"No matter how high one sits upon a pedestal, one still sits upon his arse." Ben Franklin
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostThu May 16, 2013 9:27 am 
people who think they know best what is right for me to do and not do about health problems. Don't they know that doctors usually (usually...) have the experience and background to advise what is best for ones health? Damn busybodies.... shakehead.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
MadCapLaughs

MadCapLaughs
PostThu May 16, 2013 1:55 pm 
Schenk wrote:
ANYONE with an outdoor cat should not be surprised when it disappears after crapping in my garden.
I'd shoot them if it were legal to discharge firearms where I live. Sad, cuz it ain't really the cat's fault.
phillyjon wrote:
People who hate cats.
We don't hate cats. We hate irresponsible and rude cat owners who feel entitled to have their pets sh## and piss in their neighbors' yards, kill wildlife, spread disease and parasites, etc. It is worse than someone walking their dog and letting it sh## in your yard without cleaning up, since the cats are completely unsupervised and cause much more damage than dogs. My neighbor's child is blind from toxoplasmosis transmitted via cat sh##. Think about that the next time your precious wittle fluffy cries to go outside. Free-roaming cats should be illegal, and it is a travesty that they are allowed.

Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostThu May 16, 2013 2:39 pm 
MadCapLaughs wrote:
We don't hate cats. We hate irresponsible and rude cat owners who feel entitled to have their pets sh## and piss in their neighbors' yards, kill wildlife, spread disease and parasites, etc. It is worse than someone walking their dog and letting it sh## in your yard without cleaning up, since the cats are completely unsupervised and cause much more damage than dogs. My neighbor's child is blind from toxoplasmosis transmitted via cat sh##. Think about that the next time your precious wittle fluffy cries to go outside. Free-roaming cats should be illegal, and it is a travesty that they are allowed.
Yup! The truth about kitty is not pretty. Nasty, dirty, creatures they are, but not as bad as the irresponsible owner.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
phillyjon

phillyjon
PostSat May 18, 2013 7:26 am 
Yeah, there's a big cat poo problem out there.

"No matter how high one sits upon a pedestal, one still sits upon his arse." Ben Franklin
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Sep 06, 2013 2:38 pm 
I said before it's hard to complain a lot about free boots, so I'm just going to complain a little bit here. These Timberlands can't have a hundred miles on them yet. I put some Obenauf's LP on them, threaded the laces back up and put them on, pulled the laces across the instep up tight, and broke one of the little plastic eyelet hangers. Why (other than the obvious cost-saving) would they use plastic instead of metal? Why? Alex fixed them for me for seven bucks. Reasonable, but a repair that would not have been necessary if they had used the correct material in the first place.
timberland_eyelet_repair_090613
timberland_eyelet_repair_090613

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostFri Sep 06, 2013 7:58 pm 
Why do they have smoking rooms at the airport, but no farting rooms? I'd like to be able to go someplace and rip off a few air bagels between flights without choking on someone's cigarette smoke.

touron

touron
PostFri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 pm 
We jst survived the SOTC (storm of the century) and people ar ranting. shakehead.gif That is my rant. We are all luky we were not washed out into Peugeot Sound. edit: I ws having trouble typing and then realized I am still wearing my life jacket.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Badger

Badger
PostFri Sep 06, 2013 10:06 pm 
touron wrote:
We jst survived the SOTC (storm of the century) and people ar ranting. shakehead.gif That is my rant. We are all luky we were not washed out into Peugeot Sound. edit: I ws having trouble typing and then realized I am still wearing my life jacket.
On the upside the Ferry now runs to North Bend...

wolffie

wolffie
PostFri Sep 06, 2013 10:15 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
Why do they have smoking rooms at the airport, but no farting rooms? I'd like to be able to go someplace and rip off a few air bagels between flights
Why not share with everybody, whether they want to partake or not? Just like with opinions and bad jokes? If you fart during flight, less gets wasted. I've tried ti stop farting: cold turkey, twelve-step programs... I've gone for several days without farting, but I always start again. I admit that I am powerless over farting.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
touron

touron
PostSat Sep 07, 2013 8:46 am 
Badger wrote:
touron wrote:
On the upside the Ferry now runs to North Bend...
Thanks for letting me know! I caught the Ferry's morning run today for North Bend. Unfortunately the captain ran aground at the Snoqualmie Falls Lighthouse (a rookie mistake), however, the attendants there served us an awesome breakfast! Right now I am at Ken's Boat Launch near Edgewick Beach, buying my wilderness parking pass, where I intend to do a 5mile beach hike. I can see whales swimming out around Little Si Rock, and cloude washing down the Tiger Peninsula. up.gif up.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.