Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > My Rant
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Critter
Woodland Creature

Critter
Woodland Creature
PostSat Sep 07, 2013 11:24 am 
People who feed and harass wild animals are jerks. Better in HD.
This guy surprised us on the summit, while we had all of our gear out. The goat jumps off of the rock and tries to follow us. It couldn't keep up.

soUthinkUcanCamp
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
AR

AR
PostSat Sep 07, 2013 2:45 pm 
Man...that looks great Critter. What summit was that? Oh, them goats doll out some serious cash for one of those bunny size salt licks. Not sure where the cash is coming from, but no one asks questions.

...wait...are we just going to hang here or go hiking?
contour5

contour5
PostSat Sep 07, 2013 5:33 pm 
Forest roads are not your personal racetrack! Slow the f••k down when you pass a pedestrian walking a gravel road. You don't have to stop and give me a ride, but the next clown who passes me going 45 spraying gravel like shotgun pellets is going to get a very, very bad surprise... Slow down for pedestrians!

Critter
Woodland Creature

Critter
Woodland Creature
PostSun Sep 15, 2013 9:35 pm 
Arohwed, that was Buckhorn Mtn, several years ago. Here a rant of mine. My same friend, Shane. That dude's my rant.

soUthinkUcanCamp
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Nov 07, 2013 2:35 pm 
bath_01_110713
bath_01_110713
bath_02_110713
bath_02_110713
so how's your day going?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostFri Jan 30, 2015 12:51 am 
Why can't more people on the dark bike trail at night realize that their super bright headlights blind oncoming bikers even if the bright center spot is pointed down? Hint: notice how there is a wider beam around that bright center beam - you can see it clearly right in front of your tire?? It goes all the way around, including up into the eyes of us oncoming bikers. Ever notice how some of us shield the top of our headlamps with our fingers when you are coming at us? Our beam is still lighting the ground in front of us w/o blinding you! There, that felt better...

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostFri Jan 30, 2015 7:59 pm 
joker wrote:
Why can't more people on the dark bike trail at night realize that their super bright headlights blind oncoming bikers even if the bright center spot is pointed down?
Amen. I was walking along the Tolt Pipeline trail two nights ago and there must have been 20 bikers who passed by, all with two very bright lights (bike mounted and helmet mounted). It was much worse than walking along the side of the road. Once the last of them rode by, it was wonderful strolling along in the moonlight.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Jan 30, 2015 8:32 pm 
Just to play Devils Advocate from the bikers point of view a bright light is necessary to light up hazards ahead. When speeds increase you must light up more trail. The bright light is not so you can see them as a weak light will do that. FYI I use a 1000 lumen light for night mountain biking and still sometimes too dim.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Dimwatts

Dimwatts
PostFri Jan 30, 2015 9:33 pm 
What about people who text while they drive (or unicycle) or even worse. The other day someone pulled up in the lane next to me on 405 and rolled down their window and peered over the tops of their glasses and said, "Excuse me, but do you know what four across is?" I yelled back, "Check tomorrow's newspaper! Please do not work crossword puzzles while you are driving on the freeway." The truth is I knew what four across was, but I wouldn't have told them even if they were going zero miles per hour in the world's biggest park and ride. People need to work their own crossword puzzles.

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostSat Jan 31, 2015 12:20 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Just to play Devils Advocate from the bikers point of view a bright light is necessary to light up hazards ahead.
I can understand that. But like drivers are required to shut off their high beams for oncoming traffic, bikers should do the same with their ultra bright lights. If it means slowing down as well for everyone's safety, even better.

mike

mike
PostSat Jan 31, 2015 11:23 am 
More befuddlement than a rant: Normally rational people worked up to a frenzy over overpaid, primadona, cheating, lying drug users and wife beaters in a boring entertainment event posing as a sport. confused.gif These people actually think that they are positively participating whilst sitting on the couch in a drunken stupor with the chips in one hand and a beer in the other yelling encouragement. confused.gif confused.gif

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostSat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 pm 
ditto.gif At least maybe it means less people on the trails tomorrow. embarassedlaugh.gif up.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
gb

gb
PostSat Jan 31, 2015 1:12 pm 
12th this, 12th that. I will watch the game with a couple of life long friends but my "participation" is only made possible because of a rainy forecast.

the Zachster

the Zachster
PostSat May 09, 2015 8:10 pm 
TICKS!!! rant.gif eek.gif hairy.gif curse.gif Cedar and I each had one after a hike up Rock Mountain today. Can't stop looking for them now...

"May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
phillyjon

phillyjon
PostSun May 10, 2015 6:43 am 
[quote="Meet up groups that consistently exceed the convention of group size limit of 12 and then complain about off leash dogs while others on the trail have to step out of their way so all 22 of them can pass by. And then park themselves in someone else's lunch spot with no etiquette.[/quote] I like bumping into people on the trail, just not when up on a peak. More gals to gawk at and people to talk to about the trail. But not to often, though, especially if my wang is hanging out.

"No matter how high one sits upon a pedestal, one still sits upon his arse." Ben Franklin