Forum Index > Trip Reports > Greider Lakes, Sultan Basin, 6/15/2008
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger
PostSun Jun 15, 2008 6:51 pm 
Got an early start So as to get back for Fathers Day stuff. started hiking around 7AM. The road to this trail head is a wild one, the road is in very good shape generally...any car can get through this gravel road in my opinion...there are at the moment lots of little trees on the roadway so it may be a while till they clean it out. The big trees have been removed, or at least cut out of the way. Right before the Greider Lakes TH though is a spot near the river that has slipped...I wouldn't pass through it, because I didn't want to be stuck on the other side when it finally goes eek.gif It looks like this
I just parked down the road a bit and road walked to the Greider Lakes TH
Lots of blowdown at the beginning of this trail, it isn't that bad because most of the trees that are over the trail are at the bottom and most are small.
As you go up, there are fewer blowdowns and it is pretty good until you get to the snow near the top of the switchbacks.
eventually you lose the trail near the first lake...about 1/4 to 1/2 mile before the lake
I turned around at the first lake so I could get back in time for Dad's Day. agree.gif Here are a few other pictures. Great trip that I look forward to going back to when it is a little more melted out....this trail definitely needs some TLC, lots of cracks showing in the switchbacks and some of the steps are collapsing....

All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. ~Li Po~
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Justus S.

Justus S.
PostSun Jun 15, 2008 9:28 pm 
Thanks, for info on that area. I need to get back in there. About how far is the road walk to the Trhd?

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostSun Jun 15, 2008 11:23 pm 
Do you think the road is clear all the way to the Boulder Lake TH?

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger
PostMon Jun 16, 2008 5:47 am 
puzzlr wrote:
Do you think the road is clear all the way to the Boulder Lake TH?
Justus S. wrote:
Thanks, for info on that area. I need to get back in there. About how far is the road walk to the Trhd?
The walk to the trail head was very short, the road damage I show in the picture is right down the hill from the Greider Lakes TH...a car (jeep) went by as I was leaving and they went over this crack in the road....I think you can do that just fine, and drive to both TH's....I just chose not to! I was in Leavenworth last week and there are 5 cars on the other side of their road problem...so I just decided to road park and walk in to be safe. I did not walk past the Greider Lake TH so I don't know what that portion between Greider Lakes TH and Boulder looks like.....there are lots of little trees down everywhere up there though, and people are just driving over them agree.gif ...

All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. ~Li Po~