Forum Index > Trip Reports > Schmitz Preserve Park 06.18.08
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostWed Jun 18, 2008 2:23 pm 
Once again I was working in West Seattle (I think I've gone there more in the last wk. than I have in the last yr., but anyway....) so the nearest park this time was Schmitz Preserve. It had been ages since I was here, a vague memory @ best, so it was nice to go back & explore more trails. There's a multitude of little side trails...some that cross creeks, one that leads to a funky fort, & some that just peter out into a bunch of salmonberry bushes after climbing ridiculously steep root ladders. dizzy.gif There are a surprising # of large trees in this park, somehow getting spared the chainsaw. up.gif Looks like some dumbasses recently had a party of sorts near one of the creek crossings, as there was a disgusting amount of plastic cups & bottles strewn about the bushes & in the creek. shakehead.gif down.gif Thankfully the rest of the park was pretty clean. up.gif Oh, & I came across what was perhaps the fattest slug I've ever seen! gag.gif However, what it had in girth, it lacked in length. lol.gif All in all it was a nice way to spend my lunch hr. up.gif
Trail
Trail
Root ladder
Root ladder
Fat slug
Fat slug
Fort
Fort
Bridge
Bridge
Log bridge
Log bridge
Another nice log bridge
Another nice log bridge
Joined @ the hip
Joined @ the hip

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Mark Griffith
(Embrace yourself)

Mark Griffith
(Embrace yourself)
PostThu Jun 19, 2008 11:34 am 
That is one FAT slug.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message