Forum Index > Trip Reports > Freedom Peak - 6.18.2008
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ragman and rodman

ragman and rodman
PostTue Jun 24, 2008 12:59 pm 
Freedom Peak (aka Little Navaho) is number 61 on the Back Court 100 list and located ~1.5 miles SSE of Navaho Peak. We started (3100') on the Stafford Creek trail and hiked for ~2 miles... where we left the trail and followed a rib that put us on the ridge SE of Freedom Peak... one rock outcropping on the ridge slowed our progress temporarily and we eventually determined that it was easiest to go up and over it to continue the .75 mile ridge walk to the Freedom Peak summit (6442'). We retraced our steps back to the car. 8 miles roundtrip, gaining 3485 feet of elevation. GPS route and photos of our Freedom Peak hike. ..

"Teanaway 70" Peaks List... a guide to hiking and scrambling in the Teanaway Area. ----------------
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostTue Jun 24, 2008 2:07 pm 
Pretty sweet! I was just reading over your 2006 report for this area wondering how melted it was. Looks great out there! Was there much snow on the trail?

ragman and rodman

ragman and rodman
PostTue Jun 24, 2008 3:38 pm 
I got back Sunday having hiked for 4 days in the Teanaway area. 1. Bean Creek Basin is melted out. 2. Beverly Creek is melted out to the Fourth Creek divide. 3. Still plenty of snow on the north side of Mary Peak and Bean Peak. 4. Iron Peak trail appeared to be snow-free until the last 300 feet of elevation gain to the pass between Iron Peak and Teanaway Peak. 5. I couldn't see the basin leading from Ingalls Pass over to Ingalls Lake, but based on the snow still on Ingalls Peak, I would expect plenty of snow still in the basin. 6. Still plenty of snow on the north side of Koppen Mtn... north facing slopes in general still have snow. 7. No snow on Johnson Mtn via the trail that starts .25 miles beyond the Beverly campground. 8. Only hiked the Stafford Creek trail for 2 miles on the way to Freedom Peak and there was no snow.

"Teanaway 70" Peaks List... a guide to hiking and scrambling in the Teanaway Area. ----------------