Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Flickr problems ?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Oct 18, 2008 7:50 am 
Anybody else having trouble with Flickr, this morning? It seems to be struggling to get through a complete sequence. Last group of pictures I added, it took about 15 minutes before it would display the originals. Another set, it didn't get far enough to let me upload a pic. Is it just my interface? or is Flickr having a problem?

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stones
funk soul brother

Stones
funk soul brother
PostSat Oct 18, 2008 8:31 am 
Scrooge: What method do you use to upload? Do you upload to their website or do you use Flickr Uploadr? I use the Flickr Uploadr (v. 3.0.5). The only problem I've had most recently (like the last two days) is that the tags I apply in Photoshop Elements don't get carried over to Flickr like they used to. Some photos get all the tags, some get one tag, and others get none. I like to tag my photos so I can easily find a trip, person, place, or thing. Flickr has recently changed the look and format of your homepage. I'm not sure if that would affect anything.

Let me stand next to your fire
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSat Oct 18, 2008 8:45 am 
I've had problems viewing photos on Flickr (and even logging on to yahoo at times) since yesterday evening, so they must be having some issues.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Oct 18, 2008 3:00 pm 
Stones mentioned that
Quote:
Flickr has recently changed the look and format of your homepage. I'm not sure if that would affect anything.
I'll bet they're related. The timing is right. And the number of times we've seen major dot.coms make minor changes and screw things up is appalling. I don't use the uploader because it can't (or couldn't) handle videos. However, this is the first time I've had trouble using what I had filed in Flickr, or filing it. What continues to happen is that particular program elements don't go to completion, whether it stops a sequence halfway or 95% of the way, it stops, gets hung up. Stones, I've had your problem with the caption not "taking". I've also had it get as far as displaying thumbnails here on nwhikers, but then not uploading thge fullsize pic. Also, recently, when I click on "pics", it doesn't bring up large chunks of my "recent activity". ......... I just tested it. I got one pic displayed out of the last 36. irked.gif However, just to complicate things, if you know which space a particular pic ought to be in, you can click on it and post that pic/URL in your thread. It's a mess.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostSat Oct 18, 2008 3:20 pm 
I've been using it right through the change, what with the new puppy and all, and haven't had a problem with Uploadr or the Flickr site loader for doing videos. /shrug

marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostSat Oct 18, 2008 5:16 pm 
Do you have Verizon? If so, there is some type of problem between Verizon and Flickr ( and all Yahoo sites). If you go to the Forums on Flickr, you'll see some of the discussions. There is also a discussion about this out on dslreports. Some people have had success if they are able to get a new IP address from Verizon. I tried to chat with Verizon about the issue but gave up after an hour in the Chat queue. I hope they get this fixed soon.

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Oct 18, 2008 6:12 pm 
Marta asked
Quote:
Do you have Verizon? If so, there is some type of problem between Verizon and Flickr ( and all Yahoo sites)
You've got it. I do have Verizon, and I have been having probems with Yahoo, as well as with Flickr. Yahoo has become my news source of choice and this is a very inconvenient time to have it act up. irked.gif

-lol-

-lol-
PostSat Oct 18, 2008 7:59 pm 

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Oct 18, 2008 8:19 pm 
2DrX said
Quote:
I just lit up the line with someone that was obviously from a foreign call center. That pissed me off even more.
We ain't gonna win on that one. huh.gif I switched to Verizon from MSN, because MSN's tech support people were in India. The Indians were smart, if a little hard to understand, and willing ........ willing to talk to you for hours, and hours, without solving your problem. irked.gif The only time we ever had a problem with Verizon, their call center was local. When we explained our problem, they said they were working on an internal problem that might take care of ours ......... but that if it didn't, they would send someone out the next day. !!! eek.gif I guess times change. frown.gif

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Oct 18, 2008 11:47 pm 
Looks like it's fixed. smile.gif agree.gif Flickr and Yahoo both appear to be back to normal.

marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostSun Oct 19, 2008 8:51 am 
Yeah. It is much better this morning.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Oct 21, 2008 6:58 pm 
i have flicker problems. i sign up, they send me a verification, i can't log on. i bitch, they reset me, I can't log on. i bitch, the reset me and redo my password, i can''t log on. i try another email address and a new account and different computer, and it repeats. screw this ****. I liked it better the old way. am I grumpy, you bet. can't post trip pics, kid pics, nuttin'. can't contribute to 'post pics of X' threads, lakes, anything. grumpy grumpy.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Karen²
A Real Canadian Girl

Karen²
A Real Canadian Girl
PostTue Nov 25, 2008 8:12 pm 
Any one else having problems with Flickr and Yahoo recently? We've had problems accessing them both the last two days. Can't even get the home page of Flickr to load up let alone any of NWHikers photos.

I leave only footprints...and lens caps. http://weekendswithmarmots.zenfolio.com
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostTue Nov 25, 2008 9:12 pm 
No problems from any direction, Karen. I've used Flickr starting with the forum link, and I've reached it directly using my desktop shortcut, and also going in via google. When I used the google link, Flick "recognized" my computer address and brought up my homepage immediately. edit - I can get there through Yahoo, too, sort of. Doing it that way does not give me the same homepage as going directly through Flickr, so I can, for instance, view my photostream, but it's a barebones sort of display, without the cluster of options I used to. I also had to spend a little time "waking up" my Yahoo identity, because I almost never use it. I mostly go to Flickr through the forum; I search or surf using google; and I go to Yahoo News directly, no identity required.

Ingunn
Hiking Viking

Ingunn
Hiking Viking
PostTue Nov 25, 2008 9:21 pm 
Last night it my screen started flickering (hah) whenever I opened flickr, but it's been fine today.