Forum Index > Trail Talk > Picture of the Day (Archive 5)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Karen˛
A Real Canadian Girl

Karen˛
A Real Canadian Girl
PostSun Aug 10, 2008 6:50 pm 
Nice spot to take a nap
Nice spot to take a nap

I leave only footprints...and lens caps. http://weekendswithmarmots.zenfolio.com
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Hesman

Hesman
PostSun Aug 10, 2008 7:00 pm 
Barnicle
Barnicle

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Jason Hummel

Jason Hummel
PostSun Aug 10, 2008 7:25 pm 
Looks like Longs Pass or near to it. Like the bone HJT and the goats are nice up.gif .

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Aug 10, 2008 7:28 pm 
fireweed
fireweed
forest shag
forest shag

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Hesman

Hesman
PostSun Aug 10, 2008 7:30 pm 
Jason Hummel wrote:
Like the bone HJT
Barnacle, not bone.

Post-It Not

Post-It Not
PostSun Aug 10, 2008 7:48 pm 
HJT wrote:
Jason Hummel wrote:
Like the bone HJT
Barnacle, not bone.
Maybe it was me reading too fast, I must have missed the "thank you".

Tazz

Tazz
PostSun Aug 10, 2008 7:56 pm 
HJT you may want to look at who you didn't say thankyou too... Oh and it does looks like a bone! still a good shot even though you don't appreciate the comments.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSun Aug 10, 2008 10:19 pm 
Squaw Lake
Squaw Lake

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Jim Dockery

Jim Dockery
PostMon Aug 11, 2008 7:44 am 
Olympic beaches
A few from a 5 day trip to Olympic park. I just wish it was closer so I could go more often.
2nd Beach sunset
2nd Beach sunset
Sunrise walk, Rialto Beach
Sunrise walk, Rialto Beach
Lake Crescent sunrise
Lake Crescent sunrise
Solduck Falls sunset panorama
Solduck Falls sunset panorama
Cape Flattery Panorama
Cape Flattery Panorama

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Aug 11, 2008 8:09 am 
Great pics James. up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
goats gone wild
Mr. Goat

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat
PostMon Aug 11, 2008 10:11 am 
Re: Olympic beaches
Jim Dockery wrote:
http://www.panoramio.com/photos/original/12987655.jpg[/img]=Sunrise walk, Rialto Beach [img]
Great shot, Jim. I haven't seen Rialto captured in quite this way, and it is beautiful. up.gif up.gif

.....leaving me wanting to return over and over in what ever capacity that may be, even if one day my knees are too old and I can only see the mountains from my porch. Jason Hummel
MikeBeebe
Seeking the Ur

MikeBeebe
Seeking the Ur
PostMon Aug 11, 2008 11:47 am 
Jim, What was the gear you used on the Rialto Beach shot -- body, lens and filter(if any)?

Jim Dockery

Jim Dockery
PostMon Aug 11, 2008 12:19 pm 
Thanks guys, I was very happy with the shots I got on this trip. All were taken with my new Canon Xsi, the Rialto beach shot was taken with a new Canon 55-250mm, not one of their L- series, but I decided to try it for it's light weight, IS, and price (I got it for about $250). So far I've been very happy with it, especially the IS which allows me to hand hold (this shot) many tele shots I previously would have tripod mounted (I still carry it, but don't use it as much). No filters on the Rialto beach shot.

aywolfpac

aywolfpac
PostMon Aug 11, 2008 3:17 pm 
Here's one my wife took at Jordan Creek Falls on Friday morning. Notice the tiny black spot at the bottom? That's me standing about 50' away from the base. The photo only shows about 2/3 of the falls too. This thing is really big and everyone should go there.
Jordan Creek Falls
Jordan Creek Falls

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Aug 11, 2008 3:23 pm 
great photos everyone. up.gif up.gif i may start taking the dslr on my hikes. i'm such a whiner for extra weight!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss