Forum Index > Trip Reports > TNAB's Rampart Ridge Non-TR (082808)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Go Jo
of the lykkens

Go Jo
of the lykkens
PostTue Sep 02, 2008 5:20 pm 
Yet wrote:
I don't know these people but they keep following me!!! huh.gif
Maybe carrying brownies in your pack was the first step in desecrating the wilderness with your huge line of admirers? hungry.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Sep 02, 2008 5:29 pm 
All these dogs keep following me. Is it because there is landsjeager in my pack confused.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostTue Sep 02, 2008 8:38 pm 
I want to do this route again in better conditions. It was one of four hikes I did in five days. I will have a three day layoff but I will be heading back for the next round. This was the usually TNAB report. Headlamps were used, most of regulars were there, I don't know about the alcohol, but EastKing did not make the summit bawl.gif (but this time due to weather not speed). See you'll on Humpback!!

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.
tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Sep 02, 2008 8:44 pm 
yukon222 wrote:
That's just creepy. But I'm a total wuss on wet rocks where falling may mean recovery vs rescue...

Go Jo
of the lykkens

Go Jo
of the lykkens
PostTue Sep 02, 2008 8:52 pm 
bikejr wrote:
But I'm a total wuss on wet rocks where falling may mean recovery vs rescue...
Please don't put a jinx on us! irked.gif We try to travel within our ability levels, slowly when necessary & safely. We may try to make the trail fly by under our feet but no one risks mistakes on the summit for some type of speed goal!

tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Sep 02, 2008 8:57 pm 
the lykkens wrote:
bikejr wrote:
But I'm a total wuss on wet rocks where falling may mean recovery vs rescue...
Please don't put a jinx on us! irked.gif We try to travel within our ability levels, slowly when necessary & safely. We may try to make the trail fly by under our feet but no one risks mistakes on the summit for some type of speed goal!
No jinx intended but that still gives me the creeps. I don't see how someone (regardless of experience level) can control traction in conditions like that but hey that's me. I know people do that stuff like that all the time and nothing bad happens. Naturally some people are willing to take more risks than others. That's fine, everyone makes their own choices.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Sep 02, 2008 9:19 pm 
The pix looks scary and the rock was slick but, the actual exposure was about 5-10 feet. That s enough to really hurt and maybe break a bone but, not enough to require a recovery, especially with a strong party at hand.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Sep 03, 2008 11:40 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
The pix looks scary and the rock was slick but, the actual exposure was about 5-10 feet. That s enough to really hurt and maybe break a bone but, not enough to require a recovery, especially with a strong party at hand.
Thanks for the info. It looks a lot worse in the picture apparently. I should know by now you can't trust pictures for that kinda stuff either way. Sometimes something really dangerous doesn't show in a picture and visa versa. Just with all the accidents/deaths lately on seemingly what is normally considered non dangerous stuff that everybody and their dog (literally) has been doing for years then to see a picture of someone climbing up wet rocks with seemingly a long fall it kinda made me go hmmm.gif

numen

numen
PostWed Sep 03, 2008 9:15 pm 
Less slippery alternate paths to Lake Lillian
When taking the "secret" short route to Lake Lillian 1. Take the lower trail a quarter mile from the bend in the road where you park your car. The upper one has a very nasty stream bed crossing. The lower one also has a stream crossing which is trivial. 2. Seventy feet before Lake Lillian take the right branch trail to avoid the slippery slabs which tend to dump you in lake. Numen

GeoTom

GeoTom
PostThu Sep 04, 2008 8:11 pm 
So...Dani and I were all set to go, and I even baked cookies to try and compete with Yet's brownies (I know, stupid move embarassedlaugh.gif ). We got discouraged by the weather and stayed home instead and watched another episode of the Soprano's (only got 7 left). Anyway, Jasper and I headed up there today as I was returning from a site visit past Ellensburg. With the good weather we managed to summit Alta and Rampart Ridge. Those rocks at the top of Rampart were nice and dry today agree.gif We even saw two famous (infamous?) NWHikers at the trailhead and hiked with them for a while. Glad I went now as that road washout looks like it will totally give way sometime soon.

Knows literally nothing
Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster

Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster
PostThu Sep 04, 2008 8:53 pm 
Dear GeoTom, We don't care. You ditched us because the weather was bad! What kind of friend is only there during good weather? There must be a term for that sort of person! Alti-Dude clown.gif

Anything stated by me in no way reflects the attitudes or opinions of my wife
GeoTom

GeoTom
PostThu Sep 04, 2008 8:56 pm 
Schmidt Alti-Dude wrote:
What kind of friend is only there during good weather? There must be a term for that sort of person!
Has fair weather friend (or freind if it's Quark) been taken? hmmm.gif

Knows literally nothing
Yet

Yet
PostThu Sep 04, 2008 9:49 pm 
Quark's not taken. Quit spreading rumors! To clarify: Quark is single, available, and desperate. Oh, she likes nice gams. up.gif Or is it gums? dizzy.gif