Previous :: Next Topic
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostThu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 am 
when I get time...
peltoms wrote:
Grreat shots of ptarmigan. up.gif I see from your larger collection many more shots of Queet Sabe Glacier. Can you stitch some of those together, for a full glacier view?
I would love to stitch them together, that was my original intension, but my main computer got a virus on it, and before it got worse, I backed up most of my 20,000 photos, and now it is really messed up, and this computer does'nt have stitching software. I would download some but this computer is slow enough as it is and has very little space. I used my brothers computer and got a few minutes to stitch up the photos, and ran out of time. When I get more time, I plan on doing this. Also I can't wait to post my Mount Adams trip too! biggrin.gif Thanks Pelto! Cheers Josh Lewis.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostThu Sep 18, 2008 11:01 am 
Thank you Everyone!
Hiker Mama wrote:
Good job, Josh! That is a tough hike. You are getting much better with your camera!
I would have attempted less over exposed photos and such, but I did'nt quite have the time... plus, I'm better at winter photography. Thanks Hiker Mama! biggrin.gif
Flower Sniffer wrote:
Great trip report! I'd like to do Three Fingers, but not sure how I'd feel about the last part up! eek.gif Nice pictures!
It's definitely worth going up the last part! Before I got there, I was worried my self. When on the ladders, I was nervous, but I kept consintrating on were I was going.... I was more nervous than scared. But if you are careful, and hold onto the road, you should be safe. Between the second and third ladder was'nt as bad as I thought it would be, you crawl between some rocks, and the bottom of the rope, its after the third ladder that I was worried about because if you roll off that rock.... well, you get the idea. But it one I rate 5 stars! Definitly a must got to!
wamtngal wrote:
Nice photos, Josh. Congrats on getting up there!
Thanks Wamtngal! It was a tough one, but also a fun one!
run4cache wrote:
Great report! I've been wanting to go up there all year and have yet to do it. We'll see. I am hoping for a long Fall.
Thanks! I recommend doing it as soon as possible on a clear day, because it's not too much snow, and if you wait to long, bad weather, plus winter comes in.
EastKing wrote:
Great trip report and photos!!!! up.gif up.gif up.gif
Thanks East King! I hear you could have came to.... perhaps some time.
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Nice TR, Josh...thanks for posting!
Thanks Mike! It's always fun to write out my adventures. Plus, it helps me remember them better. And the photos help as well.
Matt wrote:
Good trip report. Nice job documenting all the various things along the way with photos. I especially like your night shots.
It's always nice to know what to avoid or watch out for when going to these places, so a heads up is nice. I liked the night shots also, for some reason I'm a night person, especially when the moon is out. It's always a beautiful sight, Cheers Josh Lewis.

Gimpilator
infinity/21M

Gimpilator
infinity/21M
PostThu Sep 18, 2008 6:02 pm 
I had fun
Josh, Sweet report. I'll probably make one of my own for summitpost in the next few weeks. Thank for being my trail partner on this trip. We make a good team. You are very strong for your age. The truth is, most of my other friends are out of shape and could not have done as well as you did. You also have a great attitude and always make the best of things like mosquitos and headaches without complaining. I look forward to many more shared adventures in the future and I know that with your passion and enthusiasm for mountains, one day you will leave me in the dust. Happy early birthday. Adam

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostThu Sep 18, 2008 9:45 pm 
Re: I had fun
Gimpilator wrote:
Josh, Sweet report. I'll probably make one of my own for summitpost in the next few weeks. Thank for being my trail partner on this trip. We make a good team. You are very strong for your age. The truth is, most of my other friends are out of shape and could not have done as well as you did. You also have a great attitude and always make the best of things like mosquitos and headaches without complaining. I look forward to many more shared adventures in the future and I know that with your passion and enthusiasm for mountains, one day you will leave me in the dust. Happy early birthday. Adam
Thanks Adam! We definatily do! It's alway important to make the best of things, also its important to endure, and keep lasting, even if you are sickly tired, or atleast thats how I do it some times. I can't wait until the next adventure! And, I don't like leaving people in the dust, if people are slower than me, I end up using it for time for relaxing or taking photos. I'm not the kind of guy who rushes up and be the first guy there, to me, its about making it, and enjoying it. Thank you for the Early Happy Birthday! Cheers Josh Lewis.

Gimpilator
infinity/21M

Gimpilator
infinity/21M
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 11:45 am 
Well I got the day off work today so I finished my own trip report on summit post. Here it is: http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/444574/three-fingers-summit-2008.html

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:01 pm 
Quote:
Well I got the day off work today so I finished my own trip report on summit post. Here it is:
http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/444574/three-fingers-summit-2008.html -------------- I read it. Great TR and pics. See you on the trail soon.

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostSat Sep 20, 2008 5:54 pm 
Very Nicely done!
Gimpilator wrote:
Well I got the day off work today so I finished my own trip report on summit post. Here it is: http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/444574/three-fingers-summit-2008.html
Nicely done Adam! Thanks for sharing! biggrin.gif I should have put as much detail into mine, but I was tired when I made mine. Cheers Josh Lewis.