Forum Index > Trail Talk > Trailhead Break-ins
Previous :: Next Topic  
gb

gb

PostFri Mar 13, 2020 3:39 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Seventy2002 wrote:
https://www.kxro.com/aberdeen-man-sentenced-after-series-of-crimes-at-national-parks/

An Aberdeen man was sentenced after victimizing more than 40 hikers and campers in National Parks across western Washington.

In a release from The United States Department of Justice, 41-year-old Michael Wayne Pickering was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Tacoma to two years in federal prison to follow a 25 month state prison term.

US Attorney Brian Moran says that the local man prowled at least four dozen cars at more than seven different trailheads and parking lots stretching from Mount Rainier National Park to Third Beach on the Pacific coast, to trailheads in the interior of the Olympic Peninsula’s national park and forest.

Well it looks like the idiot Picklewing got his just reward. let the a*& rot.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostSat Mar 14, 2020 6:29 pm 
This thread makes me think of they sold meth on Amazon and delivered it in 2 days with a Prime, we'd have fewer TH break ins.  No street dealer is going to compete with Bezos on price.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Kim Brown

Kim Brown

PostSun Mar 15, 2020 11:31 am 
graywolf wrote:
I removed my post because I considered it too sarcastic.  But seriously, carrying your wallet means you won't be able to carry other gear?  Here's the wallet I use for backpacking: https://www.wheredoyouroam.com/shop

I use a ziploc baggie. Practically free. Even cheaper if I get a box of off-brand at RiteAid's dollar aisle.

--------------
" I'm really happy about this! … I have very strong good and horrible memories up there."  – oldgranola, NWH’s outdoors advocate.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
timberghost

timberghost

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 5:15 am 
winksmile.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
rossb

rossb

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 6:01 pm 
Quote:
cash, one credit card, drivers license, insurance card.
It all fits into a tiny zippered case

You mean a wallet. smile.gif

I have a hiking wallet, and an everyday wallet. Until recently, my hiking wallet was one made by Simblissity. More or less this. I really liked it because it could function just fine as a "real wallet". It has a spot for cards, which I filled with my drivers license, credit and ATM card. You can put cash in there and easily sort through it (like a real wallet) which is practically impossible with a money clip or plastic bag. It also had a lanyard ring, which means I just hooked it to the keys while driving, and then hooked the whole mess to the inside of my pack while hiking. It wore about half an ounce, and if I was lazy in moving my stuff back to my regular wallet, it didn't matter. I could pull out cash just fine, making my regular wallet essentially just the holder of additional cards (ORCA, etc.) and change. Oh, it had a change pocket, I just rarely used it.

Unfortunately, those days are gone. They don't make those wallets anymore. After some time, I settled on something similar, made by MLD. It is a fine wallet, it just lacks a lanyard, as well as a closure system. I sewed a couple loops on it, and it works great for the mountains, but it is still a bit clunky for everyday use.

The wallets graywolf mentioned look gorgeous. I just wonder if it is essentially a small bag, or if you can pull money out and sort through the way you can with a "real wallet". In other words, do you fold the money up, and put it in there (like a money clip) or is there a wrap around compartment that holds the paper bills? (I can't tell from the website).
graywolf

graywolf

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 7:44 pm 
rossb wrote:
The wallets graywolf mentioned look gorgeous. I just wonder if it is essentially a small bag, or if you can pull money out and sort through the way you can with a "real wallet". In other words, do you fold the money up, and put it in there (like a money clip) or is there a wrap around compartment that holds the paper bills? (I can't tell from the website).

Here's a review for ya: https://darwinonthetrail.com/2017/09/18/lifestyle-review-the-roam-wallet/

--------------
The only easy day was yesterday...
ree

ree

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 8:31 pm 
Sorry to hear about that Rich.

Here's some good news!  At least one trailhead scumbag will be off to prison!

rocker.gif  banana.gif
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Trailhead Break-ins
  Happy Birthday jbsimm2, K-Lack!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: