Forum Index > Trip Reports > Spider Meadow/Lyman Lakes Sept 15-17 *video now added*
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostThu Sep 18, 2008 7:01 pm 
Very, very, nice trip. up.gif up.gif up.gif I would love to venture north beyond the "Gap" one of these falls. How fortunate you were to go mid-week, post-Labor Day. I've counted more than 50 cars at the Phelps TH a couple of times. shakehead.gif But as I always say, "Who can blame them. I'm one of them."

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostThu Sep 18, 2008 8:31 pm 
Oh, my, I forgot how great a route this is! Only twice over the gap; but the meadows are terrific....looks like best in autumn...and, likely, fewer bugs. Lyman Lake remains an iconic image of what a great destination really is! I managed the classic loop (catching Image Lake for a lonesome camp...the boy scout troop had just departed!) back in late '70's. Now, why the heck did I not do it again?! Thank you for the great photo essay and TR.

jeremybe
Ol' One-shirt

jeremybe
Ol' One-shirt
PostThu Sep 18, 2008 8:36 pm 
Excellent report! Glad to see you made it up there, and down to Lyman Glacier. Wish I could've made it down there, too. Definitely an area to revisit.

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 8:29 am 
Thanks for the idea on the trip jeremybe. Your recent report from there prompted me to decide to get up there, lucky for me my boss gave me another day off on short notice biggrin.gif

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 8:48 am 
Like the video! Came out great!! up.gif

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.
BearQueen
Ready to Go

BearQueen
Ready to Go
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 11:23 am 
EastKing wrote:
Yeah this is one place that is going to see MANY REVISITS. Plus there are so many good mountains in the area to go for, that whole area may be like a second home. up.gif up.gif
Hopefully I will be on the next trip out there with you. Looks like such a magically place. Bryan: I love the video. Your videos keep getting better!!!

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one." by John Lennon I hope to do some summits and waterfalls this year with my husband EastKing.
goats gone wild
Mr. Goat

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat
PostSat Sep 20, 2008 11:44 am 
Bryan, THANKS!!! for the great video. Superb job capturing the beauty of the place. up.gif up.gif Whistling marmot was a real treat --almost as good as EastKings flexing poses. hockeygrin.gif I really enjoy your dialogue and how you put the video together. The stages of your trip seem to flow together flawlessly. How do you do that? What media/software do you use? When I'm out hiking I'm always thinking about your videos and wishing I could imitate them. Your videos really share the trip and areas that you visit. up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif Great job! Bryan.

.....leaving me wanting to return over and over in what ever capacity that may be, even if one day my knees are too old and I can only see the mountains from my porch. Jason Hummel
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostSat Sep 20, 2008 1:16 pm 
GGW, I'm glad you like my videos, they are a lot of fun to make. I use Windows Movie Maker to stitch them together.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSat Sep 20, 2008 1:24 pm 
It's good to see that Spider 'Glacier' is still intact. Bryan, I think that the camera likes your personality and honesty. up.gif

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.