Forum Index > Trip Reports > TNAB: Rattlesnake Ledge Cookout!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
yukon222

yukon222
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:04 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
Ahhhaaaa...what have we here?
Quote:
WAC 352-32-210; Consumption of alcohol in state park areas. 1) Opening, possessing alcoholic beverage in an open container, or consuming any alcoholic beverages in any state park or state park area is prohibited...
Sorry, but please refer to the map I listed earlier. The ledge is NOT in the Watershed nor in the Iron Horse State Park.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Go Jo
of the lykkens

Go Jo
of the lykkens
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:05 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
Ahhhaaaa...what have we here?
Quote:
WAC 352-32-210; Consumption of alcohol in state park areas. 1) Opening, possessing alcoholic beverage in an open container, or consuming any alcoholic beverages in any state park or state park area is prohibited...
The Ledges is not State Park if I am correct, but a part of the US Forest Service Area specially named "The Rattlesnake Mountain Scenic Area". It is next to a State Park, but not actually in one, please try again. embarassedlaugh.gif

Go Jo
of the lykkens

Go Jo
of the lykkens
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:07 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
I'm sure there's some rule or regulation you guys broke, and I'll find it. Oh yes....I'll find it!
Perhaps our crime was not including you!! Come play with us next season!!!

TNAB High Council

TNAB High Council
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:10 pm 
By responding three time in a row to the same TNAB thread Jo Lykkens had earned another 10 demerits from the TNAB High Council. Her status is now downgraded to want-to-be attendee.

Go Jo
of the lykkens

Go Jo
of the lykkens
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:13 pm 
Info Nugget wrote:
By responding three time in a row to the same TNAB thread Jo Lykkens had earned another 10 demerits from the TNAB High Council. Her status is now downgraded to want-to-be attendee.
Sorry, I took a blood oath on more than one trip this season, you're stuck with me stuck.gif

GeoTom

GeoTom
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:19 pm 
So next week's 'finale' is still on for Spickard, right? wink.gif

Knows literally nothing
mntsun
Wunderer

mntsun
Wunderer
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:36 pm 
Sorry I missed this one, it was tough to miss being packed for it and everything. I am like SO on for next week. I like GeoTom's idea of Spickard, but if we are up there I'd prefer Redoubt if possible, although I'm sure we could combine them and make it back down to Seattle by midnight!

Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster

Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:38 pm 
Hey, I thought we were doing Russian Butte!

Anything stated by me in no way reflects the attitudes or opinions of my wife
mntsun
Wunderer

mntsun
Wunderer
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:38 pm 
I better start showing up or the the lykkens will have a better attendance record than me. I am, however, duly following the High Council's edict of not posting three times in a row.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 4:39 pm 
GeoTom wrote:
So next week's 'finale' is still on for Spickard, right? wink.gif
Close but no brass ring it is Hard Mox wink.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 5:10 pm 
the lykkens wrote:
Quote:
The Ledges is not State Park if I am correct, but a part of the US Forest Service Area specially named "The Rattlesnake Mountain Scenic Area".
Ah, so it's a COUNTY park, is it? Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited in county parks, and fires are permitted only within designated campfire rings or barbecue grills. I don't think there are any of those on Rattlesnake Ledge! Probably because they don't want large groups hogging the whole ledge and turning a public area into their own personal picnic site. There's no denying it. A crime was clearly committed, and the law will catch up to you eventually. You can run but you can't hide, TNABbers! dizzy.gif

yukon222

yukon222
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 6:03 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
the lykkens wrote:
Quote:
The Ledges is not State Park if I am correct, but a part of the US Forest Service Area specially named "The Rattlesnake Mountain Scenic Area".
Ah, so it's a COUNTY park, is it? Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited in county parks, and fires are permitted only within designated campfire rings or barbecue grills. I don't think there are any of those on Rattlesnake Ledge! Probably because they don't want large groups hogging the whole ledge and turning a public area into their own personal picnic site. There's no denying it. A crime was clearly committed, and the law will catch up to you eventually. You can run but you can't hide, TNABbers! dizzy.gif
Nope, the Ledges aren't in a County Park nor the King County Scenic Area. As you can see on your link to the County Scenic Area, it ends well before the ledges. Here's a picture of the Scenic Area and the Ledges from King County iMap. The ledges are well outside the boundary line. agree.gif
ledges
ledges

GeoTom

GeoTom
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 6:04 pm 
Ha! TNAB fought the law and the law...doesn't apply? huh.gif

Knows literally nothing
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 6:05 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
the lykkens wrote:
Quote:
Hard to tell if you're trying to be funny or not. Even if you're being sarcastic it's still lame. Stop vomiting your stupidity all over the TR. TNAB is a good group of people that spread nothing but good vibes. Get a life dude.

GeoTom

GeoTom
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 6:11 pm 
Layback wrote:
TNAB is a good group of people that spread nothing but good vibes.
Not always true. I have been on a few TNAB events and I spread nothing but bad vibes. And germs.

Knows literally nothing