Forum Index > Trip Reports > TNAB: Rattlesnake Ledge Cookout!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 6:14 pm 
GeoTom wrote:
Not always true. I have been on a few TNAB events and I spread nothing but bad vibes. And germs.
Must be that dog Jasper. I think he's a bad influence. I think he probably does Doggy-No-No in places that are unacceptable. You should both be on a leash.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 6:23 pm 
Man, two heated threads in a row. What is going on. It must be Friday. Can't we all just hike along!! lol.gif lol.gif agree.gif agree.gif

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.
Jasper
Cascade Snow Pig

Jasper
Cascade Snow Pig
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 7:24 pm 
Layback wrote:
GeoTom wrote:
Not always true. I have been on a few TNAB events and I spread nothing but bad vibes. And germs.
Must be that dog Jasper. I think he's a bad influence. I think he probably does Doggy-No-No in places that are unacceptable. You should both be on a leash.
If anyone needs a leash it's my dad embarassedlaugh.gif As for the doggy non-no, what the hell do you want me to do? Use your immodium method? huh.gif A dog has to poop when and where a dog has to poop. It's up to the 2-legger to bury it or pack it out.

mgd

mgd
PostFri Sep 19, 2008 11:50 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
Well, there aren't any signs that say you CAN'T fire up a barbecue grill on Rattlesnake Ledge, so I guess it must be okay.
Hey, no participating in other threads until you have finished your weather report! drink.gif

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostSat Sep 20, 2008 5:49 am 
What a great trip. My wife agreed to come on this one. We loaded up the kids and headed out. I wanted to leave the TH at 4:45. At promptyly 5:45 we headed up. A million thanks to Peggy who carried Lucy the whole way, and didn't seem to mind too much when she complaining loudly. Another million thanks to Mark who started stuffing food in us as soon as we got there. I was totally starving! 795,000 thanks to all the people who watched the kids so we could actually eat. The ledge may not be the best place for an excited 2.5 year old named Jared. rolleyes.gif It was Shannon's first hike in a year, and her first night hike. I know the rules, wink.gif and hopefully she will come again so she can be an official TNABer. Great food and great company. wub.gif TNAB.

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostSat Sep 20, 2008 8:14 am 
yukon222 wrote:
Quote:
Nope, the Ledges aren't in a County Park nor the King County Scenic Area. As you can see on your link to the County Scenic Area, it ends well before the ledges. Here's a picture of the Scenic Area and the Ledges from King County iMap. The ledges are well outside the boundary line.
It's TRIBAL land! And none of you people look like Indians! Layback wrote:
Quote:
Hard to tell if you're trying to be funny or not.
Yeah, I guess the smiley at the bottom of the post was pretty ambiguous. dizzy.gif

BarbE

BarbE
PostSat Sep 20, 2008 9:25 am 
Oh Yeah?
Nabs tribe
Nabs tribe

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Sep 20, 2008 10:43 am 
Looks like a fun time.

gone

gone
PostSat Sep 20, 2008 10:58 pm 
Just back from the beach - got a few pics to share. I convinced my wife and daughter to come along with me this time and meet the TNAB tribe. I think they got a real sense of what TNABs are like for me: scrambling frantically to get packed and out the door, arriving 30-40 minutes later than desired, but still 30-40 minutes ahead of launch (pre-NAB), then hustling to make good time only to be passed within 15-20 minutes of leaving! embarassedlaugh.gif Usually, though, I never see the tribe again, or only briefly back at the trailhead after turning around early. But not this night - this night we were packing weenies, condiments, and fig newtons, and the top would be ours! And, after much cajoling, bribing, sitting, panting, pulling, and hand-holding, we made the top and found the first wave of TNABers spreading food on the rocks and firing up veggie burgers! up.gif We shared some dogs and buns, made some intros, and got as acclimated as we could to the oddly claustrophobia-inducing socked-in ledge. The views weren't just bad, or misty, or smudgy, or passing - they were gone. As the pictures show, it was actually pretty easy to see around on the ledge itself, but you couldn't see anything just off any of its edges. It was like someone had draped a photographer's background cloth completely around the ledge. And, interestingly, rather than reduce my normally overripe vertigo and calm my height-averse nerves, this socked-in condition just made things worse, leaving me to imagine the terrible fall awaiting anyone who strayed to close to the edge. I really should have partook of alti-dude's blue nerve-deadening agent. dizzy.gif Anyhow, we had a great time. My daughter loved the attention and really liked the hike down in the dark. She's definite TNAB material! biggrin.gif Thanks so much for having us, for hauling up all the goodies and the grill and making us feel like members of the most excellent TNAB tribe!
Motivating
Motivating
Sightseeing
Sightseeing
Wave I
Wave I
T-nabber
1 label
T-nabber
Mmmm, ledge food!
1 label
Mmmm, ledge food!
Wet Web
Wet Web
Wave II
Wave II
TNAB2: The Next Generation
TNAB2: The Next Generation

Yet

Yet
PostSun Sep 21, 2008 10:37 am 
This thread makes me giggle. embarassedlaugh.gif And TNAB makes me happy! My heartfelt thanks to everyone for making it such a great group. smile.gif

runningbird

runningbird
PostSun Sep 21, 2008 1:54 pm 
I'm with Yet. TNAB makes me happy, too. Magellen, I love your family and high praise to all of you for coming with a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old. Lucy is a darling and carrying her was a joy. Barb, So fun with the TNAB tribe. Hey Angry Hiker - I know you're just joking - It is hard to be a hiker and be angry for long! We have to check with the high council but I think you'd be welcome any time. Guess who I saw in the Enchantments Saturday...Rich and colleen and Barb and Rdy hiker! party.gif party.gif party.gif