Forum Index > Trip Reports > Family visit
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostTue Sep 30, 2008 7:40 am 
Little Brother ( AKA Hamsnut ) came out for a few days from Spokane. We never did mines as younger dudes but now he wanted to see some of what I do. Saturday we headed up in the hills to meet H. Hound for a new dig, well old dig really but new to us. We made a stop by a mine that we had plans of seeing but the early rains had filled it back up.
This trip was suppose to be a smooth one but as our luck goes it wasn't so. We were looking for a cabin site and 2 mines in a creek bed way up a steep mountain side. on the way out with our tails between our legs covered with defeat we found our mark. We looked at the hill side and said ( WHY NOT ). Hamsnut was seeing how we hike, no nice trail to walk on. Soon we were at a very cool place the miners had a small cabin.
We took along needed brake, then off to find some under ground working's. We started at the upper tunnel.
Was a bit mucky going and stunk good. This old time tunnel was dug with chisel and hammer, no explosives. Tough MEN back then.
Crazed mine hunter in back or tunnel.
H. Hound and Hamsnut.
So out we came beat up good and ready for the down hill trek. We looked at the lower tunnel first, took another break at the cabin site and then headed down. Back at camp Jimbo fixed up some chow for the gang, had a big fire to sip some brews by. Day 2 was spent in the Reiter area so we got up early and headed out. First stop was the Pelton wheel. Hamsnut wanted to see that.
Next was the Copper Belle digs.
Wall of shame.
End of the line for us.
Goofing with camera.
Was good to see little Brother and I'm sure he'll be back. The next morning I was waiting for the sun to come up and head for Pilchuck on the right side for the picture. Need the neighbors to cut the branch.

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
crabio

crabio
PostTue Sep 30, 2008 10:35 am 
Spelunking in the mine shafts. I love it ! Wish we had some stuff like that over here closer to me (Kitsap Peninsula)

harrymalamute

harrymalamute
PostTue Sep 30, 2008 11:26 am 
freaky-cool.great pics,i like the whole exploring and finding thing.but going inside is another thing all together,the pic of wadding up to your waist would be up to my neck and then something in the dark would grab my ankle and make me scream like a little girl-dang i'd hate to have my cowboy friend's see that. hams nut,good job making use of the extra time off.neat trip.

hikes and climbs with malamute
touron

touron
PostTue Sep 30, 2008 11:40 am 
Neat pictures! up.gif up.gif up.gif How far back to these tunnels go? Is this picture a ladder going down into a flooded shaft?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
hams nut
ALL SMILES HERE

hams nut
ALL SMILES HERE
PostTue Sep 30, 2008 4:47 pm 
this mine is 3000 ft. deep with various side tunnels . the shaft is filled with water . they both go to lower levels & are very cool , I don't know how deep though . one is in the main tunnel & block people like us from the last 1500 ft. HN

"People shooting ski areas should be sued" Author Mr.Bruce Bennedict