Forum Index > Photography Talk > Calendar 2009
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BirdDog

BirdDog
PostTue Nov 25, 2008 9:23 am 
All very impressive!

"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." Teddy Roosevelt August 6, 1912
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostTue Nov 25, 2008 5:37 pm 
kleet wrote:
Jim Dockery wrote:
...Mt. Washington, which wasn't as impressive as Mt. Si (and had a road to the top)!
nono.gif Careful...folks from that region are notoriously thin-skinned. devilsmile.gif
Too true. Despite growing up back thattaway, I'll be the first to agree that we have many more varied and dramatic photo opportunities out here. However, I can't believe that as a skier, Jim is unfavorably comparing Mt Washington to Si! Perhaps I'm missing out on the 4K vertical foot run possible from the summit of Si??? tongue.gif
note: this is just Tuck's bowl - in the right conditions there's plenty above and below... I'm still a much happier backcountry skier thanks to moving out here, but Si? C'mon, no need to be intentially insulting... wink.gif At any rate, this thread is a nice nudge in the butt to think about doing a calendar. I have to get my pal's wedding photos dealt with first though...

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSun Nov 30, 2008 2:06 am 
joker - Run number 7 in that pic... just how much mandatory air are we talkin' about there? rocker.gif

mike

mike
PostSun Nov 30, 2008 4:54 pm 
Quote:
...which wasn't as impressive as Mt. Si (and had a road to the top)!
FWIW so does Mt Si. At least to the base of the haystack. Doesn't take anything away though.

Jennifer S.

Jennifer S.
PostTue Dec 02, 2008 12:29 pm 
Ok, here's my calendar...
January - New Dungeness Lighthouse
January - New Dungeness Lighthouse
February - Heart Cloud at Paradise
February - Heart Cloud at Paradise
March - Staircase
March - Staircase
April - Trail to Lake of the Angels
April - Trail to Lake of the Angels
May - Columbia River from Dog Mt.
May - Columbia River from Dog Mt.
June - Adams from Norway Pass
June - Adams from Norway Pass
July - Rainier from Sunrise
July - Rainier from Sunrise
August - Lady of the Lake to Stehekin
August - Lady of the Lake to Stehekin
September - Rainier from Juniper Ridge
September - Rainier from Juniper Ridge
October- Rainier from Spray Park
October- Rainier from Spray Park
November - Granite Mt.
November - Granite Mt.
December - Hurricane Ridge
December - Hurricane Ridge

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Dec 02, 2008 5:29 pm 
Jennifer S. wrote:
Ok, here's my calendar...
Looks great - I especially like the January, November and December entries. up.gif So, are you getting it printed too? (I hope you do since it's great to relive the memories the next year.)

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostTue Dec 02, 2008 5:54 pm 
Gali, your calendar photos have a remarkable simplicity of composition that really stands out. Nice calendars, everyone. It's interesting to see what kinds of photos each person selects. I have sometimes thought of making a calendar, but I'd go insane trying to pick only twelve photos.

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
Jason Hummel

Jason Hummel
PostTue Dec 02, 2008 6:04 pm 
Nice stuff. Makes me want to put one together. Ha. Problem is, there will be 12 months of skiing hockeygrin.gif. Gali, I love march, may and july! Thanks.

Ingunn
Hiking Viking

Ingunn
Hiking Viking
PostTue Dec 02, 2008 8:17 pm 
Jason, if you make a calendar I want to buy a copy. Seriously, you should make one. Please? agree.gif

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Dec 02, 2008 8:49 pm 
Thanks Matt, you're too kind.
Matt wrote:
I have sometimes thought of making a calendar, but I'd go insane trying to pick only twelve photos.
Matt, I think I started with about 80+ landscapes before I managed to cut them down to the 12. I try and pick mostly 'cheerful' photos - who wants to see a moody/depressing shot for a month, even if they are better photos? That cuts it down considerably, then comes the difficult task of picking the appropriate one per month; I usually group the photos according to season and then go from there. Try it, you might end up having a lot of fun! Jason, you could make a great calendar! You would have a skiing theme running through it which would make it more unique. I dunno, maybe you can use mood/sunshine to select the photos per month...? Also, unlike my efforts you might even market it!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Karen²
A Real Canadian Girl

Karen²
A Real Canadian Girl
PostTue Dec 02, 2008 9:00 pm 
Gorgeous photos all. Either you all are ahead of the game, or I'm seriously behind! Mine is still in production, I was having a hard time finding a local place with a decent template but I think I found one I like. I used to do the homemade ones and design it myself, but for the price of the paper, ink, coil bindings and the time it takes, it can get pretty pricey.

I leave only footprints...and lens caps. http://weekendswithmarmots.zenfolio.com
Canuck

Canuck
PostWed Dec 03, 2008 7:58 am 
I use Shutterfly and they have collage calendars, so you can put up to 5 pictures on one page (landscape & portrait). I'm looking at my 2008 calendar right now and for December I've got 4 pictures of various Christmas 2007 photos. I've been doing this for years. Started my 2009 calendar last night but only finished the cover & January.

Jim Dockery

Jim Dockery
PostWed Dec 03, 2008 9:35 am 
Joker, Yer right about Tuckerman's, that side of the mt. has both cool ski runs and ice climbs. It was just funny when my poor cousin (who had skied Tuckerman's back in the day) was so pumped up showing off his big mountain that looked like a nondescript hill in WA (we couldn't see the steep side from the viewpoint we'd pulled out at). I had just moved to Connecticut to check out the scene on the E coast and that was the day I realized I couldn't last long back there (I stuck it out for 4 months before moving to Utah seeking powder).

Jason Hummel

Jason Hummel
PostWed Dec 03, 2008 8:50 pm 
Thanks guys! Here we go. It was hard to pick certain months. For December and March I've taken surprisingly very few photos, so I had to go back to when I was just learning how to use a camera, but most are from this year. I hope you all enjoy hockeygrin.gif

Jennifer S.

Jennifer S.
PostWed Dec 03, 2008 10:52 pm 
I hope more of you will post your calendars! These are so awesome!! GaliWalker:
Quote:
So, are you getting it printed too? (I hope you do since it's great to relive the memories the next year.)
Maybe I will, if I can find a printer I like well enough. I'm definitely inspired for next year. First goal for the new year is to get out more and improve my photography skills! Thanks everyone for the inspiration!