Forum Index > Trip Reports > Flaming Geyser State Park
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Hikingqueen

Hikingqueen
PostSat Dec 06, 2008 4:41 pm 
Flaming Geyser State Park 12-6-08 I’m still sick and can’t make it to Rainer like I wanted to today. So I settled with walking around Auburn area today. Sun was out and I was tired of being cooped up in the house. And I still need 5 hikes in by end of year to make my 50, so I’m counting today it was short maybe 2.5 miles total but it counts none the less as I didn’t set perimeters for how many miles I had to do just that I had to do 50. So I have 4 more to go and with x-mas parties, birthdays and x-mas it’s going to be tight.
Flamming Geyser 004
Flamming Geyser 004
Big tree and fluffy clouds
Big tree and fluffy clouds
I choose this area because it’s close and a nice park. There were tons of fishermen out in the river banks today. There is also a big remote control We parked where the play toys are and headed up the hillside trail and back in a loop then walked along the river where Annie smelled something nasty, thank goodness I can’t smell yet still all stuffy because it was rotting dead fish all along the creek.
Flamming Geyser 010
Flamming Geyser 010
one live one
one live one
Flamming Geyser 012
Flamming Geyser 012
It's not much of a flame
It's not much of a flame
Flamming Geyser 022
Flamming Geyser 022
Annie along the creek
Annie along the creek
bubbling geyser
bubbling geyser
Salmon or Trout we aren’t sure but there was at least 100 fish, we saw a few live one’s trying their hardest to head up stream. Saw the small flame and bubbling geysers and did another loop trail. It was so nice to get out in the fresh air today, the sun was shinning and it was warm, I can’t believe how warm it is for December. I really want to snow shoe this year w/o having to drive 4 hours to get to snow. Time will tell. We make a stop at Green Market meats for the best jerky around. I got some nice looking NY steaks for dinner too.
shadows along the river
shadows along the river
Flamming Geyser 041
Flamming Geyser 041

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Dec 07, 2008 6:52 pm 
i heard about this state park...kind of funny in a way but heck, if it means a state park to save it, so be it. poor fishes! frown.gif hope you are feeling better. 4 more to go! easy! congrats....

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
BirdDog

BirdDog
PostMon Dec 08, 2008 4:33 pm 
Don't worry about the fish, they're chum salmon and they have spawned and like all salmon have died after spawning. FG is a great spot for a short bit of "outside" time.

"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." Teddy Roosevelt August 6, 1912