Forum Index > Trip Reports > Picket Pass Traverse 2008, Day 6, “To Picket Pass”
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Don

Don
PostFri Jan 02, 2009 12:16 pm 
Wow! Somehow I missed this one! Excellent account and images Matt. I was particularly interested in this one (and the next segment) having tried a variation of it. We camped at the col on Outrigger (nice bivy site) after climbing E. Fury and attempted a traverse around Outrigger to Picket Pass. The rock was quite loose and challenging with full packs, but seemed to go ok. My partner thought differently and we returned to camp. I'm sure we were past the halfway point before turning around after looking at your photos. I'm also certain that from camp we looked down the same gulley you hiked part way up (it's pretty distinct). We viewed that gulley as the answer (by descending) to get around Outrigger as well. Unfortunately it would require and extra day, which we didn't have. So it was back out Access Creek for us. Still a highlight trip. Thanks Matt.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostSun Feb 06, 2011 9:22 pm 
I'd posted in this thread before, but I find it interesting that I think I'm only now beginning to appreciate just how difficult this trip was. Again, nice work, Matt.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
fzte
All in the Boots

fzte
All in the Boots
PostWed Feb 09, 2011 1:07 pm 
Looks like an incredible adventure! up.gif I love the giant stone pinnacles rising from the snow.

Climbing for Camp Erin - Zero to Everest | Facebook | Twitter