Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Schmidt Altitude
Whippet Entourage

Schmidt Altitude
Whippet Entourage
PostWed Dec 24, 2008 1:01 pm 
We've also always hated the "spastic" version of Jingle Bells:

"Forest 101: These big wood stick things are called trees. The big rocks are called mountains, and the little rocks are their babies." Elliott from Open Season
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostWed Dec 24, 2008 1:19 pm 
Ahhhh Can't stand this one.... Santa Baby

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostSun Dec 15, 2013 1:12 pm 
So bad it's just BAD

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
hiker1

hiker1
PostSun Dec 15, 2013 6:38 pm 
Schmidt Alti-Dude wrote:
Barbara Striesand singing "My favorite things" eck.gif
Indeed. But John Coltrane's several versions of this tune are at the other end of the spectrum, and a sure antidote to Ms Streisand. Sample:

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
touron

touron
PostSun Dec 15, 2013 6:48 pm 
In many ways, this is a good song, and it is well-performed. I just wish there was more to the song. It doesn't really end...

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostTue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 pm 

"Einstein stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, is as a blind man stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of sound" 1979 They don't make years like they used to.
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostTue Dec 17, 2013 12:58 pm 
There is only one for me:
Sorry Ozzy...

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostTue Dec 17, 2013 8:20 pm 
Cole Sear is the child character in The Sixth Sense who has the memorable line "I see dead people." The problem I have at Christmas is I hear dead people. Bing Crosby, Karen Carpenter, Elvis, Nat King Cole...The list goes on and on. There must be some people alive who can sing Christmas songs?

hiker1

hiker1
PostTue Dec 17, 2013 10:17 pm 
Mike Collins wrote:
There must be some people alive who can sing Christmas songs?
Lots of choir concerts this time of year, and usually they sing lots of Christmas songs. Mostly the legit kind, like carols. Don't want to pay? Go to a Christmas eve church service. Xmas concerts etc. in Seattle area.

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
SergioNapelo

SergioNapelo
PostTue Dec 17, 2013 10:18 pm 
Mike Collins wrote:
There must be some people alive who can sing Christmas songs?
I was just thinking about same thing another day... It looks like Christmas was way way more important and more celebrated before (I mean original meaning of Christmas). When you look back, almost every popular singer had a Christmas song, or Christmas album, and some of them even became on the top lists of those times. How many musical stars of today have a Christmas song?

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains. From where shall my help come. My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!" - David, King of Israel 1,000 BC
Oarboar
Comically unhip

Oarboar
Comically unhip
PostTue Dec 17, 2013 10:47 pm 
SergioNapelo wrote:
(I mean original meaning of Christmas)
There really don't seem to be that many Saturnalia songs. Hanukkah songs are plentiful by comparison. This link might help: http://bit.ly/1flBwYj All snark aside, this agnostic prefers a good rousing rendition of "Come All Ye Faithful" or "Joy to the World" to anything involving Rudolph or Frosty, although those songs are fantastic compared to that piece of mawkish excrement known as "Christmas Shoes." All the same, Fiona Apple does a really good version of "Frosty the Snowman." TBH, though, I'd pay good money to listen to her read the IRS code to me.

Sadly, right now I'm a poseur. Sigh.
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostWed Dec 18, 2013 8:45 am 

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
SergioNapelo

SergioNapelo
PostWed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 am 
Oarboar wrote:
SergioNapelo wrote:
(I mean original meaning of Christmas)
Yep, that is exactly what I meant. I bet there were many things happened on the date you celebrate your birthday (before you were born on it), but it most likely you do not celebrate them on that day... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif but, anyway, Marry Christmas!!! (I know, I know, Jesus was not born in January (http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2008/12/19/feedback-the-origin-of-christmas), and Hanukah is celebration of the light to the world (Hebrew messiah), so I guess, I rather celebrate Hanukah, than saturnalia...)

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains. From where shall my help come. My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!" - David, King of Israel 1,000 BC
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostWed Dec 18, 2013 11:55 am 
Personally I can't stand We Are the World by the comglomeration of singers to help feed Africa. I would post a link but no access to youtube at work frown.gif

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
jbsimm2
WWLD?

jbsimm2
WWLD?
PostThu Dec 19, 2013 7:55 am 
I don't know if the songs I hate the most were mentioned. I think I saw this one on the list though. 1. that Christmas Shoe garbage. that is the worse Christmas song of all time. 2. I am not sure the name of the song, but it's from the Beach Boys. They remind us that "Christmas comes this time each year." like the calender isn't enough of a reminder. stupid song. 3. that aweful latte land song. I take it back. this is probably worse than the shoe song. 4. I don't know what this song is called. It's from Alabama. and it's about this kid who is cutting through the woods on the way home, and runs into an angel that helps him find his way home. so this is a good idea. take a short cut thru the woods. if you get lost. don't worry just trust that creepy old man that is leering at you. he will help you get home.