Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Global Warming
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 am 
RayD wrote:
And what does that show? That St Greta is a twit? And that helps to address your issue how exactly? Sorry about all the ?, But your logic leaves me baffled.
It shows the actual outcomes of her actions were to cause *more* of what she claims is damaging. This illustrates that taking arguments about how to reduce carbon at face value is a big mistake. There are many facets here. One is my argument that AGW is not a problem. Another is that people claiming it's a problem won't do the radical reductions themselves in their own lives. Another is that those who attempt to, like Thunberg, actually *increase* the damage which their arguments about CO2 claim to be a problem.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 11:04 am 
But see, there is your problem. To negate someone's point of view doesn't add anything to your point of view. You're deep in a logical fallacy. I could Google to put a name to it and might have to end up doing that since I'm sure that you won't point out your own logical flaws. But I'm just here to help.

don't believe everything you think
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 11:21 am 
Quote:
There are many facets here. One is my argument that AGW is not a problem. Another is that people claiming it's a problem won't do the radical reductions themselves in their own lives.
Certainly many facets! Most agenda driven issues having to do with the nature of governing are testy, to say the least. What people do in their own lives as against what they purport to be the problem has nothing to do with reality, the reality of human caused climate change. Certainly you can agree that hypocrisy isn't a scientific value used for or against a proposition. Or maybe you won't agree and using emotion works for you here. And yet, and yet you strike me as the incarnation of Spock. And I can deal with that. LOL

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 11:33 am 
RayD wrote:
But see, there is your problem. To negate someone's point of view doesn't add anything to your point of view. You're deep in a logical fallacy. I could Google to put a name to it and might have to end up doing that since I'm sure that you won't point out your own logical flaws. But I'm just here to help.
Showing her actions are negated by the actual outcome adds to my point of view that claiming to reduce carbon is not the same as doing so. There is no logical fallacy there. Further, there is no logical fallacy there connected to my AGW arguments since I do not claim Thunberg's actions are part of the problem with the scientific claims for AGW.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 11:35 am 
RayD wrote:
What people do in their own lives as against what they purport to be the problem has nothing to do with reality, the reality of human caused climate change. Certainly you can agree that hypocrisy isn't a scientific value used for or against a proposition. Or maybe you won't agree and using emotion works for you here. And yet, and yet you strike me as the incarnation of Spock. And I can deal with that. LOL
I agree, hypocrisy concerning impacts of personal actions is not an argument either way for the basis of AGW claims as science. However, it is an argument against folks who would use force against other people in order to compel them to serve the ends the proponents of same won't choose to voluntarily serve with their own dime, time, and risk.

Parked Out

Parked Out
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 11:46 am 
RayD wrote:
Quote:
As if there's any shortage of reasons to dismiss St Greta... Lol. Once again:
Laugh, and laugh again! LOL
Silly stunt from Inhofe, or appears to be. I never actually watched it to see what his point was. Personally I dismiss Greta because her catastrophist message is scientifically uninformed and misleading. My opinion isn't a comment on the reality or unreality of AGW.

John
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 11:56 am 
I don't understand why anyone would conflate arguments concerning Ms Thunberg or anyone else's actions with critiques of the basis for AGW, when such things are two different animals. It's different to note a mismatch between intentions and outcomes, or claims and actions, than it is to discuss the basis of the AGW claims themselves. Unless a person specifically argues such a claim, which I for one have not.

RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 12:30 pm 
Quote:
Silly stunt from Inhofe, or appears to be. I never actually watched it to see what his point was. Personally I dismiss Greta because her catastrophist message is scientifically uninformed and misleading. My opinion isn't a comment on the reality or unreality of AGW.
And Inhofe isn't uninformed and misleading? Really, you people bloviating about "science" sure do have an agenda.

Parked Out

Parked Out
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 1:22 pm 
RayD wrote:
Quote:
And Inhofe isn't uninformed and misleading? Really, you people bloviating about "science" sure do have an agenda.
I don't know, is he? I don't think I've ever listened to him. I don't pay that much attention to politicians when it comes to questions of science. How does that indicate 'having an agenda' on my part?

John
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 1:38 pm 
Quote:
I don't know, is he? I don't think I've ever listened to him. I don't pay that much attention to politicians when it comes to questions of science. How does that indicate 'having an agenda' on my part?
Yet you pay attention to the likes of St Greta? Now why would you need to post that here if not to somehow show warmists their wingnut support? But you won't listen to Inhofe's absurdities. Could it be because he makes your agenda sound stupid? There is a logic flaw here, but I won't point it out since names don't matter when the issue is clear.

Doppelganger

Doppelganger
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 2:02 pm 

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 2:32 pm 
RayD wrote:
Bloviating about bloviating doesn't alter the fact that everyone has an agenda. This is why the scientific method is what it is. It's scrupulous application weeds out all agendas other than finding objectivel truth about empirical reality. Which is one of my agendas too.

Parked Out

Parked Out
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 2:55 pm 
Doppelganger wrote:
Parked Out wrote:
I never actually watched it to see what his point was.
It's 35 seconds long. Not necessarily indicative of your 'agenda' as you are seeking clarification on, but your responses could be seen as more indicative of (or at the very least giving the impression of) if and where you are willing to spend your energy, and the state of mind you approach subject matter with. 35 seconds biggrin.gif
Just because I'm on my phone today, mostly out of coverage.

John
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 3:19 pm 
We can apply scientific method to identify bloviation in this thread. Or just look in mirror and repeat 10x. AGW is fake, AGW is fake.... You'll feel better like me if you know it's true!

Brian R

Brian R
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 3:43 pm 
Tom wrote:
We can apply scientific method to identify bloviation in this thread. Or just look in mirror and repeat 10x. AGW is fake, AGW is fake.... You'll feel better like me if you know it's true!
Juvenile. In any event, AGW cultists would do better if they uncoupled their poorly-interpreted science claims from their SJW agenda. We're all on board for clean air & water.