Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Global Warming
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Parked Out

Parked Out
PostSun Jul 14, 2019 6:04 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Apparently a sufficient case for challenge silliness is that you don't have an answer for it.
Sorry, unions are a topic I just don't have much interest in. I would be curious to know what percentage of tradesmen (union or otherwise) will vote Democratic in 2020 vs 2004 or 2008. Not climate related though and I don't want to send us off on a tangent.

John
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Jul 14, 2019 8:12 pm 
Parked Out wrote:
RandyHiker wrote:
Apparently a sufficient case for challenge silliness is that you don't have an answer for it.
Sorry, unions are a topic I just don't have much interest in. I would be curious to know what percentage of tradesmen (union or otherwise) will vote Democratic in 2020 vs 2004 or 2008. Not climate related though and I don't want to send us off on a tangent.
You created the tangent with your comment about liberal bias in the "mainstream media" now you are saying you aren't interested because you can't point to any actually liberal media. Unionization of labor in the USA has been on a steady decline, this isn't a mistake, corporate interests have worked hard to accomplish it. The movement of manufacturing overseas and the increasing use of undocumented labor in the USA are a couple of aspects the deunioniaztion efforts. Question: would we have an undocumented labor "problem" in the USA if membership in the UFW was required for farm work or membership in the UFCW was required to work in restaurants and fast food joints?

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Parked Out

Parked Out
PostSun Jul 14, 2019 9:40 pm 
Go to bed Randy.

John
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Jul 14, 2019 10:34 pm 
Parked Out wrote:
Go to bed Randy.
Seem you concede that the biggest propaganda victory is convincing many people that the mainstream media has a liberal bias.

Parked Out

Parked Out
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 6:39 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
Parked Out wrote:
Go to bed Randy.
Seem you concede that the biggest propaganda victory is convincing many people that the mainstream media has a liberal bias.
In the magical Land of Randy-World where Randy gets to define all the terms and "left" is synonymous with "pro-union," yep you're the big winner.

John
Doppelganger

Doppelganger
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 7:30 am 

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 8:12 am 
Parked Out wrote:
In the magical Land of Randy-World where Randy gets to define all the terms and "left" is synonymous with "pro-union," yep you're the big winner.
Well what's the Parked-Out-World definition of left that doesn't include collective bargaining by labor?

Doppelganger

Doppelganger
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 10:09 am 

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 10:15 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
One of the great propaganda victories of the late 20th and 21st centuries is convincing huge numbers people that the "mainstream media" is leftist. MSNBC , CNN, The New York Times, The Washington Post, etc are large corporations intent on making a profit and protecting their governing board's financial interests. I mean you don't really believe that Washington Post, owned and controlled largely by Jeff Bezos is going publish opinion pieces and articles favoring a return to the federal tax rates of the 1950's or anything advocating for the unionization of Amazon warehouse workers?
Since when are leftists allergic to profit? They'll profit the usual way, or profit via govt, but profit they will. The difference is the studious evasion of admitting it. Somehow not noting the tacit approval of everything done by a prior administration, and the all out attack dog behavior used against the current, doesn't mean the MSM isn't biased. It means the bias is in your judgment.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 10:18 am 
Tom wrote:
The distortions I see are mostly denial or conspiracy theories with high correlation to political lens. I don't believe there is that much debate or nastiness within the scientific community and is mostly manufactured.
Then you're not paying much attention. Researchers of note are routinely attacked and smeared for disagreeing with the AGW tripe. A prominent australian researcher was issued a gag order by his university, and then fired, if I recall, for pointing out the fact that the GB reef was not endangered in spite of claims it was. It doesn't require a 'conspiracy' to note the AGW issue is being used as a basis for redistribution and 'social' justice, all it requires is folks of like mind acting individually in a common direction with a common tool, and this is how you get things like the green new deal.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 10:20 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
In the sense that convincing people of truth is 'propoganda', sure.

Doppelganger

Doppelganger
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 10:30 am 

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 10:31 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
That argument is falsified here: https://skepticalscience.com/print.php?r=424 The conclusion to that is:
RandyHiker wrote:
To which I will add that I don't believe that merely surviving as a species should be the goal -- but rather that our civilization would remain largely intact. I mean even in the film "Mad Max" humans survive all out nuclear war....
A counter assertion is *not* falsification, first off. It's a claim. Like their supposed 1C max....less than anything shown in any of the sites I linked. I'd sure like to know why my data is supposed to be suspect because regional not global, and yet they have somehow determined 'global' temps from regional ones not detailed anywhere. And further, they're using the assumption that a 'global' temperature has any meaning whatsoever merely because they can slice and dice numbers and get a number. The entire argument is lousy. Regional temps don't count because they're regional, yet somehow they have regional numbers they've churned to get a 'global' temp. Besides, no humans anywhere live in a 'global' temperature. They live in regional ones. And if stone age people, or civilized people later, lived in 'regional' areas with hotter temps for longer already, then there's the issue..they and the flora and fauna survived.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 10:33 am 
Parked Out wrote:
Now here's a big surprise: AOC’s Chief of Staff Admits the Green New Deal Is Not about Climate Change
Quote:
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s chief of staff Saikat Chakrabarti admitted recently that the true motivation behind introducing the Green New Deal is to overhaul the “entire economy.” Chakrabarti said that addressing climate change was not Ocasio-Cortez’s top priority in proposing the Green New Deal during a meeting with Washington governor Jay Inslee. “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal, is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all,” Chakrabarti said to Inslee’s climate director, Sam Ricketts, according to a Washington Post reporter who attended the meeting for a profile published Wednesday. “Do you guys think of it as a climate thing?” Because we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing,” he added. The Green New Deal, proposed earlier this year by Ocasio-Cortez and Senator Ed Markey (D., Mass.), would transition the U.S. economy entirely away from fossil fuels within ten years while simultaneously providing a federal jobs and healthcare guarantee. It would also, according to its proponents, advance “social, economic, racial, regional and gender-based justice and equality and cooperative and public ownership."
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/aocs-chief-of-staff-admits-the-green-new-deal-is-not-about-climate-change/
Tom, when you say there's no 'conspiracy', you're right. Direct arguments in the open are not conspiracies. Is outright plain speech concerning the goals a 'conspiracy'? How so?
Quote:
"This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model, for the first time in human history", Ms Figueres stated at a press conference in Brussels. "This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the industrial revolution.
It can't be true

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Jul 15, 2019 10:36 am 
Doppelganger wrote:
I'll bet you ignored the discussion that transpired afterwards as well. It makes it pretty clear that this isn't the revelation you want it to be of an evil lib plan to take your coal away.
We don't even need to ignore the discussion. The evil plan to take away coal is in the details of the proposals.
Doppelganger wrote:
An excellent example of hypocrisy.
Where? Define hypocrisy as you understand it, then please show the hypocrisy. Someone acting inconsistently with what someone else misrepresents as their position, doesn't count.