Forum Index > Food & Grub > Best Hot Sauce, Best Salsa...Pepperhead thread
Previous :: Next Topic  
hoarfrost

hoarfrost

PostSat Jan 17, 2009 9:56 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
OK, any other fans of really great HOT sauce or very well blended salsa or a simple colorful pepper. I'll fess up and say that I love the habanero pepper, jalepeno, sereno, cayenne, thai, and even the mild bell. There is something painful yet totally intoxicating about eating a really great pepper, hot sauce, or salsa.   Am I alone on this?   What do you compliment, splash or dash to spice it up caliente!!

just say NO to Tobasco(vinager)  and Pace Picante(stale tomatoes)
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
straydog
slave to a monolith

straydog

slave to a monolith
PostSat Jan 17, 2009 10:21 pm 
I usually eat something with hot sauce or salsa on it almost everyday. Love the flavor of jalepenos and serranos in food... not so much habanero (it's not the heat, just don't like the flavor). 'Charlies' makes a pretty good pico de gallo. I use cayenne in marinade for chicken and beef... and I do make a pretty decent chili w serrano, jalepeno, yellow wax, cayenne, and green chillis in it.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack

Serving suggestion
PostSat Jan 17, 2009 10:30 pm 
Hmmm, I beleive there is a hot sauce for all occasions.
Standard red Tabasco is good with eggs, or in a Bloody Mary.
The spicier green version is excellent on chicken strips, or for pork dishes.

Sriracha sauce is my daily driver , make the top of your head sweat, sauce. Good to take the chill off of any outing within seconds.  agree.gif

Mae ploy sweet chili sauce is the one I go through the quickest, its more like sweet and sour sauce with a little bit of heat, but it works on anything, I could put this stuff in PB&J's and it would taste good.
Toonces
unleashed

Toonces

unleashed
PostSat Jan 17, 2009 10:41 pm 
borank.gif     
wub.gif

--------------
If you show fear, a monkey will bully you.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Sore Feet
Random Quippy Bit

Sore Feet

Random Quippy Bit
PostSat Jan 17, 2009 11:30 pm 
I like spicy, but I like to be able to taste what I'm eating too.  Generally the best compromise is Indian food.  hungry.gif

--------------
Bryan Swan
Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanswan
Waterfalls - www.waterfallsnorthwest.com
nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset

PostSat Jan 17, 2009 11:42 pm 
honestly, my favorite salsa is a fresh pico.  cooking does something to it that makes it less useful for me.  fresh pico in a bowl of thick chicken soup? YUM!  mixed with hummous?  YUM!  on top of bbq'ed pork?  YUM!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Jeff
Ramen Elitist

Jeff

Ramen Elitist
PostSun Jan 18, 2009 7:12 am 
Toonces wrote:
borank.gif    
     wub.gif

This

I do also like Tabasco and Cholua though. God, why are hot sauce names so hard to spell?
-lol-

-lol-

PostSun Jan 18, 2009 11:02 am 
hoarfrost

hoarfrost

PostSun Jan 18, 2009 11:43 am 
I really like the taste of the habanero pepper the best. It's just too hot to eat in large bites though. Has anyone ever tried 'Daves Insanity Sauce'...Be careful with this one, as one drop can heat up your food quickly!
straydog
slave to a monolith

straydog

slave to a monolith
PostSun Jan 18, 2009 12:09 pm 
hoarfrost wrote:
I really like the taste of the habanero pepper the best. It's just too hot to eat in large bites though. Has anyone ever tried 'Daves Insanity Sauce'...Be careful with this one, as one drop can heat up your food quickly!

Yep... have Dave's, Crazy Mother Pucker's, and the Ass Kickin stuff. Not much of a fan for those 'sauces' as they're all little more than concentrated capsaicin. Not much flavor... just heat. Works well to bring the heat up when the serranos are weak  smile.gif
-lol-

-lol-

PostSun Jan 18, 2009 12:09 pm 
Jeff
Ramen Elitist

Jeff

Ramen Elitist
PostSun Jan 18, 2009 6:42 pm 
As for the Daves Insanity, a tiny tiny little drop literally had me on the floor crying while gasping for air. That stuff is lethal.
TeeJay
Sofa King

TeeJay

Sofa King
PostSun Jan 18, 2009 7:24 pm 
Toonces wrote:
borank.gif    
     wub.gif

ditto.gif  chickenleg.gif

Best hot sauce ever.  up.gif

--------------
It is not in the nature of politics that the best men should be elected. The best men do not want to govern their fellowmen. -- George MacDonald
-lol-

-lol-

PostSun Jan 18, 2009 7:44 pm 
hoarfrost

hoarfrost

PostSun Jan 18, 2009 8:42 pm 
Batch #37 hot sauce is my absolute favorite. If I recall, it is blended with habanero, carrots, garlic, lime...etc. A lot of heat but not too much where you lose the flavor of things. Love it on scrambled eggs!
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Food & Grub > Best Hot Sauce, Best Salsa...Pepperhead thread
Jump to:   
Search this topic: