Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lake 22, 1/19/09
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jim Dockery

Jim Dockery
PostTue Jan 20, 2009 5:55 pm 
I made an early Sunday morning hike up to Lake 22 to check out climbing conditions on the headwall (NOT). I booted it, and found the trail well packed by snowshoers and icy down low, but I punched through a number of times from the boulder field on up. Took a few sunrise pix, then hustled down to make a late lunch date. It got icy on the traverse from the waterfall then just before the parking lot my feet flew out from under me on the last little bridge and I landed on my back, luckily well padded by my pack, but I'm feeling the effects in my neck today.
Lake 22 headwall
Lake 22 headwall

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostTue Jan 20, 2009 8:45 pm 
Jim...reflection shot #2 is just sooo fine! I hope your neck will be much better very soon....ouch! You sure are ambitious! Sunrise walks! I am sooo "weeney"! Barely can get on the trail by 2.30! Of course, that limits trail time. So, I am in awe of all the folks that are early risers. Learned Obama and I have one thing in common, "night owls"! So, I treasure any photos of sunrises...since I rarely witness such an event, beautiful as they are!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message