Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Forum Index Not Displaying New Posts
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostWed Feb 04, 2009 7:53 pm 
When I click on the forum index it appears that there are no new posts in anything but the Saloon, but when I click on Trail Talk I see 4-5 new posts. Just a heads up. Not sure if it's me or a bug in the site...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostWed Feb 04, 2009 7:59 pm 
It seems fixed now... Weird...

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostSat Feb 07, 2009 2:15 pm 
I've been seeing some variants of this today (the forum index being wrong on what the latest posts are), as well as some bizarre site layout issues - e.g. the composition page I'm using right now has a buch of blank boxes and the text tags that should sit on them are instead shifted to the right and sitting behind the boxes in the z-order. When I hover the cursor over the boxes/buttons, the tags are drawn into the right spot. I'm also seeing posts that extend of the right side of the screen w/o any horizontal scrollbar (when normally it would all be nicely justified w/no need for a scrollbar). I have not tried on a second computer, and have not yet rebooted my machine to see if it's my problem. I'm using IE7 (not sure where to get the more detailed version number).

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Feb 07, 2009 2:36 pm 
Click on Help, About Internet Explorer to see the version number. Just tried it in IE 7.0.5370.11 and had no issues. Are you on a mac or PC? I suspect closing down your browser and/or rebooting will solve it. I rarely use the forum index for anything. Much easier to just click on the active topics link to the top right to see everything at once. It will return (at a minimum) all topics with new posts since your last visit.

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostSat Feb 07, 2009 6:30 pm 
Closing the browser and reopening solved it. I had my menu bar turned off which is why I wasn't finding help:about (duh). I'm on 7.0.6001.18000 on Vista (not that it likely matters much to you now that it appears that restarting the browser was all that was needed).