Forum Index > Gear Talk > Northwest Garment & Gear is now Sewing Specialties Inc.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cartman

cartman
PostSun Mar 22, 2009 7:40 pm 
Carol Douglas is closing her Fremont shop but will be continuing her gear repair business out of her home in Black Diamond. She has worked out an agreement with the new business in which you can still drop/pick up your gear at the same location in Fremont (NE corner of Fremont & 42nd). This will start April 8. You can contact her by phone or email and let her know what you need done. For anyone who needs gear repaired, Carol has been very reliable and does a great job--she can fix tents, backpacks, clothing (including waterproof/breathable), and just about anything else you can imagine, including drysuits. I've been going there for the last ten years. She's also less expensive than RP. Sewing Specialties: sewingspecialties@yahoo.com 2O6 818-0870

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kat
Turtle Hiker

Kat
Turtle Hiker
PostSat May 30, 2009 4:29 pm 
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, cartman. I just had Carol modify the side pockets on one backpack, and repair another one. The work was done promptly and looks quality. I've got 2 more backpacks I'm going to give her for some modifications as well.

wamtngal

wamtngal
PostMon Jun 01, 2009 8:43 am 
Is this the same place that was run out of the dance studio/store? I lived a handful of blocks away from that place and took in a sleeping bag for a patch job years ago - she did great work! up.gif up.gif

Opinions expressed here are my own.
cartman

cartman
PostMon Jun 01, 2009 4:31 pm 
Same place.