Forum Index > Links > New Website with local trail information
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
trails

trails
PostWed Mar 25, 2009 5:00 pm 
New trail information website www.trailmeister.com Trail reviews and printable trail maps, descriptions, gear reviews, camp craft etc.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Mar 26, 2009 3:33 pm 
Looks like you've got all 7 of the Washington trails listed. Hopefully the Forest Service will build more trails so you'll have more content someday. wink.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
trails

trails
PostThu Mar 26, 2009 4:35 pm 
Yep, I've got all seven trails in Washington mapped out! Just moved out here from Cincy in December, what a change! you guys have have a great place, love the mountains! I started mapping trails back home. I volunteered with a Mounted Search and Rescue team and needed a way to call in EMS other than telling them the "intersection of thus and such trails". After I got the trail data digitized one thing led to another and thus TrailMeister. I do plan on adding many more trails including mtn bike and bridle paths. I think there's plenty of room for more folks to get off the couch without turning every trail into the highway that Mount Si is! I'm very glad I found this site and look forward to adding to the various discussions. BTW - Your photography on nwhikers is phenomenal! I can only hope I become as skilled as some of you. Cheers

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Mar 26, 2009 4:51 pm 
You might have to watch out for the competition from these guys wink.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostMon Mar 30, 2009 8:56 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Looks like you've got all 7 of the Washington trails listed. Hopefully the Forest Service will build more trails so you'll have more content someday. wink.gif
Thought you were the no trails left standing guy!

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Mar 31, 2009 12:58 am 
HTT, I love trails. I totally believe in the LNT (Leave Nice Trail) principle. Whether that means "get off the frakking trail and enjoy some cross country wandering" or "build cairns, blaze trees, and flag anything that moves" I'll leave as an exercise to the reader. wink.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Davidą
Token Canadian

Davidą
Token Canadian
PostTue Mar 31, 2009 6:49 am 
It's reminiscent of this website which I have found in the past to be a great resource for Oregon & SW Washington. There was a dude called "HikerBob" who made a more Washington centric attempt at the same thing but he was far more commercial and now appears to be defunct. Welcome aboard.

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
schrader23

schrader23
PostFri Jul 03, 2009 3:07 pm 
trails wrote:
Just moved out here from Cincy in December
Go Reds!! wink.gif

Next thing you know....You're in the ditch!