Forum Index > Trip Reports > Las Vegas & Zion
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JPH

JPH
PostThu May 14, 2009 9:21 am 
We took a hike to some hot springs (who hikes to hot springs when it's 100 degrees out?) when we were in Vegas last week. Luckily the trail went by the Colorado River also. The trailhead is just a few miles past the Hoover Dam, so it's an easy day trip, just bring more water than you think you could possibly ever drink on a 6 mile hike. smile.gif
Tree
Tree
Hiking down the wash
Hiking down the wash
Colorado River
Colorado River
Jumping into the river
Jumping into the river

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ingunn
Hiking Viking

Ingunn
Hiking Viking
PostThu May 14, 2009 11:11 am 
JPH, did you go to Goldstrike? We went there last year but turned around after a dip in the hot springs, I wish we had kept on going to the river. And yes, Nevada is too damn hot. Last week I drank an entire liter of water on a ONE MILE TRAIL in Valley of Fire. Remind me never to go in the summer... suuure.gif

JPH

JPH
PostThu May 14, 2009 12:11 pm 
No Goldstrike, just the Arizona Hot Springs, it's just downstream of the dam. You actually get to the river first, then the hot springs are a little further down the trail. The springs we went to were sand bagged to make the pools and there were 3 or 4 pools at different levels. The lowest one is warm, then the highest one is really hot. Pretty neat! up.gif The new bridge they're building next to the Hoover Dam is absolutely incredible. Unfortunately I was driving, so I don't have any pictures of it.