Forum Index > Trip Reports > Camp Muir White Out
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
ryancanfield

ryancanfield
PostSun Jun 07, 2009 8:41 pm 
you nwhikers people are so funny sometimes...

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostSun Jun 07, 2009 8:47 pm 
Dear Josh, Please check in with this thread before you use the word 'coarse' in the future. Pretty please? With coarse sugar on top, of course. smile.gif

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Michael Lewis
Taking a nap

Michael Lewis
Taking a nap
PostFri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm 
Grammar, Climbing, School, Hiking, Friendships, Biking; what's the difference? He needs help in school but he plays it so cool. Nobody bothers in class and at home he sits on his chair. When I ask if he needs my help he says, "No." And then I want to pull out my hair. Okay, that was terrible. We just might have done a terrible thing by sending too many messages at once. I think the last trip was a megdulla-meltdown. Let's just focus on personal safety for now and the rest will fall into place. Sorry Josh, but misery begs company. Lighten up Josh. Were just trying to be helpful... and give you the longest thread ever (if anything, all that reading will be good for you.) dizzy.gif

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostFri Jun 26, 2009 6:21 pm 
ryancanfield wrote:
you nwhikers people are so funny sometimes...
Well..... I mean you can't have posts be just information. doh.gif

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostFri Jun 26, 2009 6:33 pm 
Jimbopo wrote:
...(if anything, all that reading will be good for you.) dizzy.gif
This guy wrote a book that could provide some summer reading for Josh.

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostFri Jun 26, 2009 7:38 pm 
I heard of that guy... I'll have to look into it...... now remember, I can't buy it, because the situation was further brought to because of a money problem, but I also wanted to prove that you don't need money to go hiking.

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostFri Jun 26, 2009 7:46 pm 
Link for Josh.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostFri Jun 26, 2009 7:49 pm 
More Coyotebell wrote:
Link for Josh.
I meant when I said I'll look into it, I meant go to a libary. wink.gif

Sennin

Sennin
PostFri Jun 26, 2009 9:26 pm 
jimmymac wrote:
Jimbopo wrote:
...(if anything, all that reading will be good for you.) dizzy.gif
This guy wrote a book that could provide some summer reading for Josh.
Excelent book. Might try the Last Season by Eric Blehm too. Awesome book.

williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostSat Jun 27, 2009 10:47 am 
Might I just add that a climbing permit is required on glaciers above 10,000 feet. The park service hands out a handy little map that gives gps waypoints and compass directions for the Muir snowfield. They do this because people die on the Muir snowfield doing exactly what you did. In fact, an acquaintance of mine died up there a few years ago (along with his nephew) because he got lost descending in bad weather; he too had no map, compass, or gps. People tend to be very nice in this forum, maybe too nice in this instance; you're lucky you didn't end up frozen stiff upside down half buried in a snow cave that melted out enough for the park rangers to finally find you 3 months later (snowboarder a few years ago). Heed the advice of members of this forum and either stick to trails or get some training before you kill yourself and/or whoever goes with you.

I desire medium danger williswall.com
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostSun Jun 28, 2009 12:24 am 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Way ahead of you there, WW. wink.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostSun Jun 28, 2009 12:45 am 
Is Josh even on this site anymore! I am surprised I haven't heard more from him. Columbia Peak! (I read the other forum before it was locked) eek.gif eek.gif What were you thinking Josh!!!! You are very lucky to be alive.

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.
Hikeman

Hikeman
PostSun Jun 28, 2009 12:09 pm 
... removed by jenjen

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote View IP address of poster
pacyew

pacyew
PostSun Jun 28, 2009 5:43 pm 
In a recent video interview of Fred Beckey, he was asked what in all his association with mountaineering was most important to him. He answered " Staying alive. That's really important."

mossy mom

mossy mom
PostWed Jul 15, 2009 1:14 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
I really prefer the CC policy lets keep the spray out of TR's otherwise nobody will post them pretty soon. huh.gif
What is this "CC" that people keep mentioning?