Forum Index > Trip Reports > Rainbow Falls State park 4-26-09
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Hikingqueen

Hikingqueen
PostSun Apr 26, 2009 3:43 pm 
Rainbow Falls State Park 4-26-09 Spur of the moment I decided to join Annie in a hike today. She was originally going to do Nisqually Wildlife area and I talked her into this state park instead. We followed the signs and heard there was a bridge out from the lady at the local store. We drove into the park by following the brown signs, over the one lane bridge. We got out and walked over to the falls and saw the remains of suspension bridge and road. Wonder if they will rebuild? We weren’t really sure were the trails were so continued along the edge of the river back into camp ground and then decided we needed to drive to the other side my state parks book said more trails were on that side.
Rainbowfalls 001
Rainbowfalls 001
Rainbowfalls 002
Rainbowfalls 002
Rainbowfalls 003
Rainbowfalls 003
Rainbowfalls 009
Rainbowfalls 009
Rainbowfalls 008
Rainbowfalls 008
Rainbowfalls 032
Rainbowfalls 032
Trillium were blooming everywhere, so many colors and sizes, bleeding hearts, and many other flowers. I need to get a wildflower book and carry with me! I don’t know all my flowers yet.
Rainbowfalls 010
Rainbowfalls 010
Rainbowfalls 022
Rainbowfalls 022
Rainbowfalls 021
Rainbowfalls 021
Rainbowfalls 024
Rainbowfalls 024
Rainbowfalls 027
Rainbowfalls 027
Rainbowfalls 029
Rainbowfalls 029
Rainbowfalls 030
Rainbowfalls 030
We didn’t get many miles in today but it was more about exploring the area and seeing the flowers today. Great day to be out. Now tomorrow I head to Kauai for some more hiking.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
hams nut
ALL SMILES HERE

hams nut
ALL SMILES HERE
PostMon Apr 27, 2009 7:13 pm 
The bridge was in poor shape not to long ago ( 6-7 years ) a place I like seeing , thanks for the memories

"People shooting ski areas should be sued" Author Mr.Bruce Bennedict
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Apr 27, 2009 8:36 pm 
i rarely visit state parks......i suppose i should some time. buy a book but keep it home...heavy to haul around. what i do is take photos and identify later. over the years i've become pretty good with some of the common names. forget that latin stuff biggrin.gif bummer on the suspension bridge. i'm surprised it's still up. seems like an attractive nuisance.

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss