Forum Index > Trip Reports > lena lake again 04.26.09
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Apr 26, 2009 6:35 pm 
This hike has been done lately but wanted to add this onto my TRs. This trail was like Grand Central Station...there were as many dogs as there were hikers...going in and out. my biggest gripe was this-the smell gave me enough warning to avoid stepping on it. shakehead.gif sorry..
The drive south on hwy 101 was beautiful but long. the trail to Lena Lake was easy enough and i was glad for this treat. after doing a 10 mile jog a couple of days ago, my legs needed something easy. i'm not a fan of woods but this one was pretty good...bright and the trees are much better than the icky trees on the Lake Angeles trail!
i love the moss covered rocks and the huge ones, too!
we got to the lake...sunny with a very slight breeze...worth the drive.
some wildflowers...
calypso orchids
calypso orchids
trilium
trilium
fawn lily
fawn lily
fawn lily
fawn lily
we had a wonderful time....especially since my hubby joined debbie and me
next time..we'll head to the upper lena lake great day but we had one more stop to make... a surprise for my buddy debbie biggrin.gif
rocky brook falls
rocky brook falls

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
silly_traveler
~ roaming ~

silly_traveler
~ roaming ~
PostSun Apr 26, 2009 6:41 pm 
Re: lena lake  again (sorry)  04.26.09
Ew poopers~! shakehead.gif Nice shoe shot up.gif
bcfc53 wrote:
next time..we'll head to the upper lena lake
agree.gif Upper Lena is oh-so-beautiful~!

♫ You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. And you're the one who will decide where you'll go. Oh the places you'll go. - Dr. Seuss
Hikingqueen

Hikingqueen
PostSun Apr 26, 2009 7:09 pm 
Love the Lilly shots! What a great hike! I must add this to my list.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSun Apr 26, 2009 7:34 pm 
I never get tired of looking at Lena Lake TRs. Nice bcfc53! up.gif

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Apr 27, 2009 8:59 pm 
silly....i read your TR on the upper lena lake. i may hike it as a dayhike though. makes hauling my huge behind without a full pack up the steep sections of the trail easier. lol.gif janwalker......i'll keep you abreast when i plan on hiking the ULL if you want to join in the fun! biggrin.gif Havdis....the trail and the environs were too dry to fully appreciate the mossy rocks. maybe when i return to hike the upper lena, it would have rained the night before to give the mossy rocks/trunks a makeover! Layback...thanks! my first time there so i'm sure i, too, will never get tired of looking at photos of Lena Lake. it was beautiful even if it was made by a landslide. can't wait to experience the upper lake!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur
PostWed Apr 29, 2009 3:29 pm 
Ah. Lena Lake. That hike never gets old and neither do the trip reports. In my opinion, a day hike to Lena Lake is just as good as a day hike to The Enchantments. The point is getting out and enjoying the wilderness and fresh air.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
gray matter

gray matter
PostWed Apr 29, 2009 11:25 pm 
great report, bcfc! I am pretty sure that I passed you when I was on my way in and you all were headed out. I camped at Lena on Sunday night and tried making my way up to upper Lena on Monday, but turned back due to snow and the fact that I left much of my gear at home. I definitely plan on making it back out there soon.

Go Jo
of the lykkens

Go Jo
of the lykkens
PostThu Apr 30, 2009 12:47 am 
help save the site one bagged poop pic at a time
help save the site one bagged poop pic at a time
All nwhikers are asked to blue bag their pics of poop (canine or otherwise) when submitting TRs in an attempt to prevent a photo pandemic poop.gif

Perry

Perry
PostThu Apr 30, 2009 7:26 pm 
Thanks for the TR. I’d forgotten how nice the Lower Lena Lake hike was. Your TR inspired me to check it out again…I went up there today. It was a little cool and breezy at the lake. Unlike on a weekend, I saw only 2 people at the lake, and 2 people on the trail, zero dogs.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostThu Apr 30, 2009 7:34 pm 
gray matter wrote:
great report, bcfc! I am pretty sure that I passed you when I was on my way in and you all were headed out. I camped at Lena on Sunday night and tried making my way up to upper Lena on Monday, but turned back due to snow and the fact that I left much of my gear at home. I definitely plan on making it back out there soon.
did i at least say, 'hi!"....(most of the time, i make an effort to acknowledge hikers.) wave.gif welcome to the site.... any photos? i'll be returning to but onward to the upper lena lake and possibly to scout lake! i'll wait out the snow though.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostThu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pm 
Perry wrote:
Thanks for the TR. I’d forgotten how nice the Lower Lena Lake hike was. Your TR inspired me to check it out again…I went up there today. It was a little cool and breezy at the lake. Unlike on a weekend, I saw only 2 people at the lake, and 2 people on the trail, zero dogs.
glad to be of some inspiration to you embarassedlaugh.gif it sure was like grand central station last sunday, but that's good that all those folks were outside! i asked member gray matter for photos? any to contribute from you? btw: do you charge for the use of your packgoats? how is zermatt?

Perry

Perry
PostThu Apr 30, 2009 8:11 pm 
bcfc53 wrote:
i asked member gray matter for photos? any to contribute from you? btw: do you charge for the use of your packgoats? how is zermatt?
Sorry, no photos. Zermatt is doing good. I’m trying to remember…Tubal Cain – Buckhorn Pass last year? No, I don’t charge for use of my packgoats. Thou, I am interested in finding other people to hike and pack with. Depending on the trip, the goats can carry everything for 2 - 4 people.

gray matter

gray matter
PostThu Apr 30, 2009 8:53 pm 
bcfc53 wrote:
did i at least say, 'hi!"....(most of the time, i make an effort to acknowledge hikers.) wave.gif welcome to the site.... any photos? i'll be returning to but onward to the upper lena lake and possibly to scout lake! i'll wait out the snow though.
Yes, you did! Sorry, no pics. The house got burgled last year mad.gif and I haven't gotten a new camera yet. Hopefully, next time! And thanks for the welcome! This site is quickly becoming a favorite for me! -Matt

Tazz

Tazz
PostFri May 01, 2009 12:07 am 
et rid of the "sorry" ! seriously, all trs are different! yours is different than others. Please don't ever say sorry. That is only reserved for Tiger mountain... winksmile.gif

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostFri May 01, 2009 7:01 am 
done cool.gif i'll hold the sorry for tiger, if i ever get there.