Forum Index > Trip Reports > My Memorial Day Weekend 2009
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
grasshopper

grasshopper
PostMon May 25, 2009 6:15 pm 
Well about time I posted a trip report, huh? I spent the last three days making the Mt Rainier auto tour looking at snow levels. Went to Longmire entrance. Yep, Couger Rock is covered in snow. Snow berms on paradise road are about 7 feet? I stopped at a view sight just short of Narada Falls.
Next day, drove out to White River campground, snowy, snowy road.
Had a little picnic in the climber's parking lot, where my White Box stove was being fussy. I couldn't see the blossoms, but I think it did blossom, and it was too bright to see. I did get some water boiling for lunch.
Also drove out to Crystal Mountain. It's getting a lot better, ground is showing through on the ski lifts. No photos of Crystal. Today, did a 10 miles hike to the most boring lake at Mt Rainier, Green Lake at the Carbon River entrance. It may be boring, but it sure is good training, long walk, then steep elevation right in the middle.
Ranger Falls, all that snow from Tolmie Peak flowing down the cliffs.
Snowy on the final approach to the lake.
The lake, with some snow on the opposite shore.
You know the rules, go find your own food!
Colorful fungi.
The final squirrel bridge.
Stopped by the Pick N Shovel for a beer to kill the pain in my feet, then off to Wally's for a burger and those sinfully delicious french fries. And that was my Memorial Day weekend. THE END

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message