Forum Index > Trip Reports > Dirtybox - 05/25/2009
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostTue May 26, 2009 11:32 pm 
Dirtybox has been getting a lot of attention this spring. I'll keep this short because I don't have much to add to previous trip reports. Right now the snow on the ridge is consolidated so it's easy to walk on (without snowshoes, even late in the day) and covers up most of the difficulties. I found the short rocky areas easy to scramble over, and in some places I even ran across traces of a boot trail. On the way back I followed the ridge over Mailbox and down the trail.
Mailbox from new school near exit 34. Dirtybox is not very conspicuous from this angle, but it's actually higher than Mailbox.
2 labels
Mailbox from new school near exit 34. Dirtybox is not very conspicuous from this angle, but it's actually higher than Mailbox.
50' above the talus field I left the trail and traversed on the S face below Mailbox heading for the ridge at the rock horns. It was relatively easy, but the horns are barely even halfway from MailBox to Dirtybox
50' above the talus field I left the trail and traversed on the S face below Mailbox heading for the ridge at the rock horns. It was relatively easy, but the horns are barely even halfway from MailBox to Dirtybox
Looking toward Dirtybox from where I reached the ridge.
Looking toward Dirtybox from where I reached the ridge.
Last few feet to the top of Dirtybox. Snow along the ridge and here was consolidated and easy to walk on.
Last few feet to the top of Dirtybox. Snow along the ridge and here was consolidated and easy to walk on.
Mailbox from Dirtybox summit
Mailbox from Dirtybox summit
Sunset lighting up the clearcut near the end of the long steep trail down
Sunset lighting up the clearcut near the end of the long steep trail down
Vertical and horizontal stumps
Vertical and horizontal stumps
Almost exactly 5 hours round trip from the car, ~4400' of gain. I wasn't trying to do this, but my pano from Mailbox came out looking almost exactly like Schmidt Altitudes' a month earlier. Panorama from Mailbox on 5/25/2009
Pano from Mailbox summit. Includes Russian Butte, Revolution, Thompson Point, Web Peak
Pano from Mailbox summit. Includes Russian Butte, Revolution, Thompson Point, Web Peak
Schmidt Altitude picture on 4/26/2009
Dirtybox Ridge pano
5 labels
Dirtybox Ridge pano

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Type E

Type E
PostWed May 27, 2009 11:21 am 
So that's what Revoulution Peak looks like. I couldn't see it from 10ft away yesterday. E

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message