sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu May 28, 2009 7:08 pm 
wamtngal wrote:
I'd like a map to Snow Lake please.
lol.gif lol.gif Oh please!!!!! up.gif up.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostThu May 28, 2009 7:11 pm 
That sketch needs to be a t-shirt. winksmile.gif

touron

touron
PostThu May 28, 2009 7:13 pm 
uhh.gif I question the action of publishing a map to Snow Lake on the internet. Might as well splash it across the covere of Backpacker Magazine as hike of the month. Leave us to our solitude. up.gif up.gif [I wub.gif Snow Lake]

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu May 28, 2009 7:18 pm 
So at what time tomorrow morning will a laminated version of this map be stapled to the trailhead board? ykm.gif ykm.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
gray matter

gray matter
PostThu May 28, 2009 7:21 pm 
I was also at the Mt. Si scenic expressway on Monday, and concur with AH's trail map. up.gif At least I wasn't one of the people who made the map biggrin.gif You all are right that Mt Si is good for training, which was my intent, but it wasn't worth dealing with all the bozos huh.gif . Most excellent TR, AH. -Matt

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu May 28, 2009 7:36 pm 
Muhahahaha... up.gif
Layback wrote:
That sketch needs to be a t-shirt. winksmile.gif
Ditto! Absolutely brilliant! Funny as hell, AH! Welcome back... agree.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostThu May 28, 2009 8:36 pm 
This map is incomplete. It is missing: 1. Ten people asking, "Is it much farther?"...all on the first half of the trail. 2. Eight inconsiderate dog owners assuring people that their damn off-leash dog is 'friendly', as if that makes it okay for the dog to be off-leash. 3. Three people having epics in the Haystack Gully. 4. One couple downclimbing the gully. The boy has a sheepish, strained look on his face and is failing at being patient. The girl is not saying a word, but is staring daggers at the boy for dragging her up there. The relationship is over. 5. Two people with boots off wrapping their feet in 100 yards of moleskin and athletic tape. "New boots" they say. Their packs still have REI hang tags on them. 6. One person on a cell phone in the lot calling a tow truck because he's been parked in. 7. One group in the lot asking where the Mailbox Peak trail starts. 8. Five frat boys with very serious looks on their faces at the bench below the Haystack warning people about the grave hazards that lay in the gully above. smile.gif CascadeClimber (aka CynicalHiker)

If not now, when?
Hikingqueen

Hikingqueen
PostFri May 29, 2009 12:36 pm 
You put a lot of time in that sketch..very funny. And this is why I have never done Si.. I did little Si once and thought it was lame, so why do the big one.. way too crowded for me.

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostFri May 29, 2009 12:55 pm 
cascadeclimber wrote:
This map is incomplete. It is missing: 1. Ten people asking, "Is it much farther?"...all on the first half of the trail.
I also forgot the people coming down the trail near the summit who chirp "You're almost there!" at you as they pass. Up yours, pal! Unsolicited status reports on my progress are neither appreciated nor necessary. Especially on Mount Si, which has signs posted every half mile to tell you exactly how far you have to go.

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger
PostFri May 29, 2009 1:16 pm 
janwalker wrote:
You put a lot of time in that sketch..very funny. And this is why I have never done Si.. I did little Si once and thought it was lame, so why do the big one.. way too crowded for me.
I'll go, but I'll only occasionally do the old trail in winter, or I'll wild hair it sometimes at 4AM so I can watch the sunrise.ymmv

All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. ~Li Po~
Wazzu_camper
Go Cougs!

Wazzu_camper
Go Cougs!
PostFri May 29, 2009 2:12 pm 
Yep, the bottom line is Si is a crowded hike. A very crowded hike, complete with off leash dogs and everything else that annoys serious hikers. What I can't ever seem to grasp, is if every serious hiker knows it is going to be crowded and consequently complains about it, then why do they even bother. Its like going to a Seahawk game and complaining because it is too loud. If you want to climb Si, expect crowds. By the way, the sketch was funny to say the least. I especially like the runners making every one get out of the way. Good stuff.

gone

gone
PostFri May 29, 2009 2:13 pm 
cascadeclimber wrote:
7. One group in the lot asking where the Mailbox Peak trail starts.
Now that's funny right there! lol.gif

tigermn

tigermn
PostFri May 29, 2009 2:19 pm 
Wazzu_camper wrote:
Yep, the bottom line is Si is a crowded hike. A very crowded hike, complete with off leash dogs and everything else that annoys serious hikers. What I can't ever seem to grasp, is if every serious hiker knows it is going to be crowded and consequently complains about it, then why do they even bother. Its like going to a Seahawk game and complaining because it is too loud. If you want to climb Si, expect crowds. By the way, the sketch was funny to say the least. I especially like the runners making every one get out of the way. Good stuff.
Exactly. I go because it's close, has good easy trailhead access, is a good workout, and on a nice day had decent views from the summit area. If I really want solitude etc I'll go elsewhere. I can enjoy both kinds of days so what the heck. Would I want to do busy hikes 100% of the time no... but it isn't that big of a deal as long as I can find reasonable parking and not get blocked in.. lol.gif

captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostFri May 29, 2009 2:29 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
I also forgot the people coming down the trail near the summit who chirp "You're almost there!" at you as they pass. Up yours, pal! Unsolicited status reports on my progress are neither appreciated nor necessary. Especially on Mount Si, which has signs posted every half mile to tell you exactly how far you have to go.
Oh man, this one bugs me too. Sometimes I wonder if I look that bad, that people feel the need to encourage me, like I'm on deaths door or something. Plus, how the hell do they know where you are going, there is options in most places, why do people all assume your going to the same place they did, like its the bestest place ever, and they were already there, so that makes them superior to you, which is why they feel the need to say something. huh.gif

tigermn

tigermn
PostFri May 29, 2009 3:14 pm 
captain jack wrote:
Plus, how the hell do they know where you are going, there is options in most places, why do people all assume your going to the same place they did, like its the bestest place ever, and they were already there, so that makes them superior to you, which is why they feel the need to say something. huh.gif
I'd say the majority don't know anything on Si but the freeway to the basin trail or the Little Si trail. To the types asking, they read about the hike in a newspaper article or a million and one hikes book and decided to go for it, not aware of any other trails/routes/destinations.