Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mount Si (05/25), Big Whoop
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Author     Message
AA+
The Bubbly Hiker
Member
Member


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 375 | TRs | Pics
The Bubbly Hiker
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 6:30 am 
Your title says "Big Whoop", but you never mentioned climbing it.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ree
Member
Member


Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Posts: 4395 | TRs | Pics
ree
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 8:46 am 
That sketch was pretty funny...


Jackass Ledge... lol.gif  lol.gif  lol.gif  lol.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stefan
Member
Member


Joined: 17 Dec 2001
Posts: 4835 | TRs | Pics
Stefan
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 8:50 am 
This is great!

--------------
Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
soreyes
Member
Member


Joined: 29 Jul 2008
Posts: 73 | TRs | Pics
Location: Anacortes, WA
soreyes
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 9:27 am 
AH has upped his game.  Green trails is going to go out of business if he keeps this up.

Hopefully your knee is fixed for good and we will be seeing more of these helpful maps and reports.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chad Vader
Member
Member


Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 3 | TRs | Pics
Chad Vader
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 10:14 am 
I think your next map needs to be the route to Snoqualmie Falls.

--------------
Using the Dark Side of the Force makes climbing easy.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
jd_hiker
Member
Member


Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 571 | TRs | Pics
Location: Bonney Lake
jd_hiker
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 10:36 am 
AH has been holding out on us...

Never suspected such talent. SO where is the sekrit maps of the Snoqualmie tunnel trail?   huh.gif

He's taken TR to a new level.

--------------
I have 11 essentials, the 10 plus an extra camera battery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jd_hiker/
http://jdhascup.wordpress.com
http://jdhascup.500px.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cerveza
Member
Member


Joined: 02 Apr 2009
Posts: 79 | TRs | Pics
Location: Seattle
Cerveza
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 10:41 am 
hihi.gif  lol.gif THAT. IS. AWESOME. up.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
grasshopper
Member
Member


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 470 | TRs | Pics
Location: South King County, WA
grasshopper
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 12:13 pm 
I wish my trip reports elicited such response.
AH, that scetch is an instant classic. I just printed it out.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tigermn
Member
Member


Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 9242 | TRs | Pics
Location: There...
tigermn
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 2:11 pm 
drakonis wrote:
so as a new hiker that must be the yuppie hike??? sounds like it. lol.

Mt Si is the hike that everyone and their dog goes up whether or not they are really in shape for it or should be doing it. It's kind alike going to the space needle. If someone comes here often Mt. Si is synonymous with hiking so people just go.

You get everything from regulars or people training for bigger things to people wearing high heels or flip flops and wife beater tee shirts.
The parking lot holds hundreds of cars (to support all the craziness).

Having said all that, it is a good workout/training hike and at the right times not so crowded and can actually be quite pleasant. Going very early tends to beat most of the crowds although you start to run into them starting up as you are heading down unless you go really really early!

Taking the old trail up avoids most of the crowds until you get within about 1/4 mile of the basin where the trails merge again.

--------------
My flickr photo site.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sarbar
Living The Dream



Joined: 28 Jan 2002
Posts: 7898 | TRs | Pics
Location: Freeland, Wa
sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu May 28, 2009 2:46 pm 
rotf.gif I think that sketch needs a permanent home  lol.gif On my frig. Bag of Turds is the best.

--------------
https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tazz
Member
Member


Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Posts: 7902 | TRs | Pics
Tazz
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 2:49 pm 
the sketch!   classic!  Just classic!  up.gif  lol.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Yana
Hater



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 4212 | TRs | Pics
Location: Out Hating
Yana
Hater
PostThu May 28, 2009 3:28 pm 
tigermn wrote:
...whether or not they are really in shape for it or should be doing it...

huh.gif

There are guidelines? Is this part of the WAC or something?

--------------
PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tigermn
Member
Member


Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 9242 | TRs | Pics
Location: There...
tigermn
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 5:07 pm 
Yana wrote:
tigermn wrote:
...whether or not they are really in shape for it or should be doing it...

huh.gif

There are guidelines? Is this part of the WAC or something?

But of course...... Flip flops and high heel dress wearers need not apply. clown.gif

--------------
My flickr photo site.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
drakonis
Member
Member


Joined: 25 May 2009
Posts: 107 | TRs | Pics
Location: Granite Falls, WA. U.S.A.
drakonis
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 6:17 pm 
tigermn wrote:
drakonis wrote:
so as a new hiker that must be the yuppie hike??? sounds like it. lol.

Mt Si is the hike that everyone and their dog goes up whether or not they are really in shape for it or should be doing it. It's kind alike going to the space needle. If someone comes here often Mt. Si is synonymous with hiking so people just go.

You get everything from regulars or people training for bigger things to people wearing high heels or flip flops and wife beater tee shirts.
The parking lot holds hundreds of cars (to support all the craziness).

Having said all that, it is a good workout/training hike and at the right times not so crowded and can actually be quite pleasant. Going very early tends to beat most of the crowds although you start to run into them starting up as you are heading down unless you go really really early!

Taking the old trail up avoids most of the crowds until you get within about 1/4 mile of the basin where the trails merge again.

cool, thanks for your responce. and great trail map. ill look out for the fat chicks and bags of turds. lol suuure.gif  up.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wamtngal
Member
Member


Joined: 13 Jun 2004
Posts: 2383 | TRs | Pics
Location: somewhere
wamtngal
Member
PostThu May 28, 2009 6:46 pm 
I'd like a map to Snow Lake please.

--------------
Opinions expressed here are my own.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
   All times are GMT - 8 Hours
 Reply to topic
Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mount Si (05/25), Big Whoop
  Happy Birthday Klenke!
Jump to:   
Search this topic:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
   Use Disclaimer Powered by phpBB Privacy Policy