Forum Index > Trip Reports > Marmot Pass
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Sinainn

Sinainn
PostFri May 29, 2009 9:47 pm 
My partner and I decided to brave the sleet, snow, gale force winds and attemp to make it to Camp Mystery and Marmot Pass. What we found instead was sunshine, a trail in excellent shape and not much in the way of snow until Camp Mystery. We arrived at the TH at 11:00 am. We could hear our own echoes in the empty parking lot even though pretty much anyone could make it up even a 2wd sedan. The roads we're clear and dry. We made our way through the sun dappled old growth forest easily as the trail is in great condition. The landslide area was a little tricky because of loose rocks but nothing too hard to get across. There wasn't a spot of snow on the trail until less than a quarter of a mile from Camp Mystery, 5200ft. Camp Mystery was still pretty snow covered but we found two bare spots big enough for a tent. Ahh, home for the next two nights. The next morning we donned our snowshoes and headed to Marmot Pass. There is probably about 3 feet of snow on the trail so snow shoes are a must have, especially in the afternoon when the snow gets soft. There is a well travelled trail of foot prints to follow to the pass. Ah, the Pass... Beautiful sunshine, sweeping panoramas and some weeeeee fun glissading on the way down made for an awesome half day hike.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!

Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!
PostFri May 29, 2009 10:14 pm 
Just what I wanted to hear, I so badly want to go back up to Marmot Pass after last years high-temperature, high-humudity stew cooking. I loved that place. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message