Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Just got done Reading Into the Wild
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jun 10, 2009 11:04 am 
I have a habit of always scouting around my campsite in increasing circles especially for long term stays, every night, kind of like dogs that always do a full circle before laying down. By so doing you find many interesting things such as: piles of rotting garbage, cougar kill eek.gif , signs of random elimination giardia.gif , scary yahoos guns.gif , new trails etc. which can change your decision to camp there. Certainly if Mr. Supertramp had done this he would not have found himself in the dire straits he did. frown.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostWed Jun 10, 2009 11:48 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
I have a habit of always scouting around my campsite in increasing circles especially for long term stays, every night, kind of like dogs that always do a full circle before laying down.
Just don't imitate my dog - on carpet laid on our concrete foundation, he'll turn *12 times* before laying down. I got dizzy watching him once. Do that camping, your tent might win an award for modern art after being "set up", but fail at keeping the rain off.

ArcDome

ArcDome
PostSat Jan 10, 2015 1:24 pm 
This article contains interesting observations about Krakauers writing of the book: http://www.adn.com/article/20150110/fiction-jon-krakauers-wild