Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mt. Daniel
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
smokeydon

smokeydon
PostMon Jun 22, 2009 11:32 am 
The crossing of Scatter creek could make it a little difficult to drive to the trailhead if you do not have a high clearance vehicle. I did see a few cars farther up valley so I guess you could get through in a car, I just wonder how much water they took on. The Cathedral trail was snowfree till about 4400ft at which point it became fairly regular. From Squaw lake to the Peggys pond trail it was solid. The path under Cathedral was mostly melted out until just before Peggy's Pond. There were a couple small melted out camp sites at the lake and I found a nice camp spot on the ridge just before Cathedral Rock. The weather cooperated for the most part except the cloud that lingered on the top 100ft of the summit while I was up there. Snow conditions were great, a little crusty Sun morning but not too bad.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
like2thruhike

like2thruhike
PostTue Jun 23, 2009 6:03 pm 
Scatter Creek crossing
Definately a high clearence vehicle. I was there 3 weeks ago and saw a Dodge Durango cross.He was in 4WD and even went off the concrete pad and still made it. It was pretty deep especially on the up hill side. I have a stock Nissan 4x4 w/ "31 tires and even I paused before opting to turn around because I didn't "need" to cross. I'm sure I would have made it,but ya gotta respect the water crossings,especially in AWD cars.Get out and check out the depth...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message