Forum Index > Trip Reports > Boardman Lake
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chucknox

Chucknox
PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:09 pm 
Did a quick hike up to boardman lake. Was super bummed to see that some campers had set up RIGHT ON THE LAKE and built a firepit WHICH WAS STILL GOING WHEN I GOT THERE. After putting it out, I also pulled 3 dead fish floating upside down near the shore. The two tent areas had been cleared by them and it reeked like urine. Cigarette butts were all over and up and down the trail on the way up. I picked up most of them. (i am a smoker myself but i bring roll-your-owns and NEVER leave a trace. irresponsible smokers who see the earth as their ashtray make me crazy.) Can't tell you how bummed i was to see this. Other than that... Trail is great and dry. Lake is totally thawed out... no snow anywhere. Lake is much lower than i have ever seen it over the last few years

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:14 pm 
Sorry to hear about the asshat sighting. frown.gif Good on you for helping clean it up. I brought home a tennis ball, plastic fork, two plastic water bottles, and an aluminum can from my hikes this weekend. Sad that people can't seem to keep their trash to themselves.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:17 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Sorry to hear about the asshat sighting. frown.gif Good on you for helping clean it up. I brought home a tennis ball, plastic fork, two plastic water bottles, and an aluminum can from my hikes this weekend. Sad that people can't seem to keep their trash to themselves.
Alright Michael, give it up! Sorry to hear about your story Chuck. Those lakes often hit by while trash and the trash they leave behind!~ I'm not going to pull any punches when it comes to litter! The people that leave it like that are SCUM plain and simple!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostTue Jul 21, 2009 4:41 pm 
So sad, thanks for picking up, up.gif up.gif

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostTue Jul 21, 2009 8:36 pm 
People camp on the lakeshore there each and every year. With the fact that it's only about a mile from the parking area, I'm surprised there is not more junk there, like couches and stuff. Bags and bags of trash are hauled out regularily. This is not a visiting Euro trash phenomenon, like what you see at the lakes along I90 to Snoqualmie, with strangely dressed women in high heels casually dropping used kleenex along the trail " for the custodian to pick up", but rather, Boardman is fouled by local residents who consider this lake thier personal playground/toilet, to do with as they wish. After years of hiking in the Mountain Loop area, this is just one of the things you take for granted. Luckily , there are many places quite close by that are still pristeen. winksmile.gif The campsites at Bear Lake are almost as bad, but have got slightly better since the road washed out. Good for Bear, bad for Boardman. frown.gif

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostWed Jul 22, 2009 12:16 am 
Thank you for cleaning up. up.gif up.gif

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential