Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Baker Lake Resort to be torn down
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Klapton

Klapton
PostSun Jul 26, 2009 1:25 pm 
captain jack wrote:
A much smaller and quieter generator, maybe around on the side of the store, facing the dock, could easily power the couple of reefers and coolers they have, as well as the lights. That way the noise goes out over the lake. The only people it would affect at night would be those staying across the lake at the Silver Creek campground, and thats mostly those pesky boat in campers. Baker Lake Resort also has the only land line telephone for miles, I hope they retain that for emergencies.
What about solar and/or wind?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostSun Jul 26, 2009 8:11 pm 
The resort is in valley of sorts, so there really isnt any strong prevailing winds like on Manastash Ridge. Solar as a primary source could prove very inefficient, it gets cloudy up there, like for all of last summer. A propane powered generator would be the best setup for the location and requirements.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Jul 26, 2009 8:14 pm 
How about siphoning off some juice from the nearby POWER DAM doh.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostSun Jul 26, 2009 8:42 pm 
Nine miles of thick copper wire and two transformers just for one seasonal resort. shakehead.gif Especially now with just about every governing body mandating any new cables must be buried, not strung on poles. Maybe when some crafty developer decides to put a retirement community up there, it might be worth the investment.

hyak.net

hyak.net
PostSun Jul 26, 2009 10:38 pm 
captain jack wrote:
Maybe when some crafty developer decides to put a retirement community up there, it might be worth the investment.
Speaking of 'crafty developer'. In the Yakima River Canyon between E-burg and Yakima a HUGE lodge has been built on the site that used to look like a trailer park (was a struggling campground).
Near that lodge across the road Steve Mahre built his own private lake which is large enough for him to run his boat to pull water skiers. Steve has lived there in the canyon since the 1980's after the olympics. I know this story is not related to Mt Baker Resort, but I was thinking of the crafty developer and my brother just showed me the lodge this past weekend.