Forum Index > Trip Reports > TNAB hauls up Silver Peak and more.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Nordic

Nordic
PostMon Jul 27, 2009 4:54 pm 
Go Jo wrote:
We even spotted other TNABers avoiding the heat higher up the pass. Glad to see both of your pooches back on trail Nordic.
Thanks! It's great to see your recovering going well - you should be ready for more adventurous stuff when the weather becomes tolerable (in 2 months or so...) BTW - I ended up going to the Silver Peak on Friday (hoping it wouldn't be so hot / buggy yet). I was wrong about both... It was sweltering hot (at least for me) and despite long pants + a top with long sleeves and drenching myself in DEET I counted 23 bites when I got home. The mosquitoes were getting more abundant with elevation gain confused.gif I couldn't even stop on the summit for a snack or to rest; each, even very brief stop resulted in a swarm of mosquitoes covering my whole body (while on the move they were mostly swarming around and occasionally landing). Oh, and my dogs almost had a heat stroke (I don't remember ever seeing them panting so much...) Yeah... summer hiking is so much fun rolleyes.gif ...the heat, the blinding sun, bugs, dust, thick brush... curse.gif what's there to not like about summer...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message