Forum Index > Trip Reports > The Gods were smilong on me
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Frank

Frank
PostThu Jul 30, 2009 11:12 am 
Would a guy have to be crazy to go on a hike the hottest day ever in Seattle? Wife was going to the Mariners game in Seattle yesterday, so I decided to go on a hike to west Cady Ridge and Bench Mark Mountain. Got to the trail head about 6:30; the temperature was about 70 degrees - no other cars there. About an hour into the hike a cool breeze came up and and stayed with me till I was about half way down. There is a register at the summit with two pens in it but no paper, so I put a piece of my note paper in it. Almost chilly on the summit with a breeze. On the descent I ran into a lot of small blue butterflies. Anyone know what they are? After the breeze stopped, it became extremely warm. At my truck the temperature was 92 deg. Driving through Monroe the temperature was 107.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostThu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 pm 
Photo's? My experience on W cady was far different last fall. No shaded, and hot difficult to find any fresh water. I'm thinking of hiking that trail again. The views made it worth the discomfort. The cool breeze you experienced was probably the wind rushing in toward the up draft of a nearby thunder storm building. Consider your self lucky it was cool.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message