Forum Index > Trip Reports > Suiattle Crest 50 Mile Adventure Run - 8/4/2009
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Vertical Smile

Vertical Smile
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 11:35 am 
13:57 and the progress was slowed eek.gif That is a run. I am with the rest, just too much eye candy for me to move that fast. Awesome trip, nice pics.

Re-duce, Re-use and Recycle
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
BadDog

BadDog
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 11:41 am 
Awesome! My favorite scenery in WA. I may just do that this weekend. How was fording the Chiwawa? How deep was it and can a dog get across OK? Last year my hiking companion broke an ankle up there so fording the Chiwawa was an ordeal.

Gimpilator
infinity/21M

Gimpilator
infinity/21M
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 12:23 pm 
If I hadn't seen the report I wouldn't believe such a trip was possible. It's mind boggling to think about! I did 7700 feet of gain and 15 miles a couple of days ago and I thought that was a lot. Now I'm rethinking that. Thanks for sharing the story with us. Adam

silence

silence
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 12:35 pm 
hey gimpilator .. nice .. really nice .. images on your summit post http://www.summitpost.org/image_list/25744/gimpilator.html up.gif you should share them more often .. wish i had my camera while in the crack ..
sorry folks for getting off-thread

PHOTOS FILMS Keep a good head and always carry a light bulb. – Bob Dylan
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 12:44 pm 
Wow. I am in awe of that timeline. I've pondered that as a weeklong backpack, but have had a hard time convincing my regular trip partners that they want to come do that route even with a full week to pull it off. Must have been a fun day, for the right individuals.

ridgerunner

ridgerunner
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 12:45 pm 
pretty unbelievable to pull that off, what a way to spend a day.

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 12:50 pm 
silence wrote:
sorry folks for getting off-thread
That would be a bad point in time to decide to get off-thread. Remain on-thread until you are out of the crack. wink.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
silence

silence
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
That would be a bad point in time to decide to get off-thread. Remain on-thread until you are out of the crack. wink.gif
wink.gif reminds me of the poem i wrote about it .. how could i forget????? rock & ice – the beauty of pure essence … transcendence suspended … hanging by a thread … exposed staring at blue ice … open your eyes … see the beauty witness your birth … and your death embrace your being walk these hallowed halls – chiseled and sculpted – spurn all danger listen quietly as rock & ice echo life’s mysteries sorry -- pardon me again

PHOTOS FILMS Keep a good head and always carry a light bulb. – Bob Dylan
pantilat

pantilat
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 2:20 pm 
BadDog wrote:
Awesome! My favorite scenery in WA. I may just do that this weekend. How was fording the Chiwawa? How deep was it and can a dog get across OK? Last year my hiking companion broke an ankle up there so fording the Chiwawa was an ordeal.
Good question! No ford necessary. There is a log across the Chiwawa just upstream of the normal crossing point. The branches were even cut to make it easy to walk across.

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 3:58 pm 
up.gif Spectacular. Runners, especially long distance / marathoners mixed with hiking and mountaineering creates a whole new animal in the outdoors.

Living in the Anthropocene
halog56

halog56
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 4:25 pm 
Sorry, but I think you're lying here pantilat (cute name though). Everyone knows that Marc is the real wilderness adventurer and no one else comes even close. Did you know that on his last north cascades trip, he did a solo of Challenger and back in only four hours? Try to top that! You really expect us to believe that you did this trip faster than Marc did???

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 7:26 pm 
halog56 wrote:
Did you know that on his last north cascades trip, he did a solo of Challenger and back in only four hours? Try to top that!
I know a few people on the forums here who've done Baker in less than an hour. devilsmile.gif
halog56 wrote:
You really expect us to believe that you did this trip faster than Marc did???
Who is Marc and why should we care? paranoid.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostFri Aug 07, 2009 7:37 pm 
High Pass high route was so tempting and now I so regret never going there! Your photos show what splendor is seen on the loop route you chose. Clark Mountain is certainly a most exciting mass of rock and ice...been to the glacier there a billion years ago...on a very hot day. Little Giant Pass and all...I have memories of so many of those locations but never tied them all together, Now, I am beating on myself. Just the same, THANK YOU for the photos and tease....at least I know you did the trip and saw the fringes of Heaven!

mthyer

mthyer
PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:09 pm 
Uber interested
Leor, I want to run there, would you be so kind as to list the trails (names and numbers) you guys used for the loop? Sure looks like a beautiful place to run. Matt

pantilat

pantilat
PostTue Aug 11, 2009 12:15 am 
Re: Uber interested
mthyer wrote:
I want to run there, would you be so kind as to list the trails (names and numbers) you guys used for the loop? Sure looks like a beautiful place to run.
I don't know the numbers, but here is a much oversimplified aerial route map I made.