Forum Index > Trip Reports > Annette to PCT to Tinkham to Silver to Annette
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
run4cache

run4cache
PostThu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 pm 
Today I decided to park at the Annette Lake trailhead, make my way up to Hyak and catch the PCT off FS Road 9070, head south and see if I could summit Tinkham, Abiel and Silver before going down to Lake Annette and out to my car. My camera was missing its memory card so my photos are limited.
PCT
PCT
Weather was sketchy and my ride didn’t come through so I went ahead and drove to Lake Annette and gave myself 30 minutes to find a ride up to the top off the pass. It was raining lightly and I talked to a hiker who was heading up the Snow Lake trailhead and he was happy to give me a ride all the way to exit 54 (Hyak). It was 12:30 p.m. when I started my jog up the roads to FS Road 9070. As I was heading up the road a car came by and they were gave me a ride 3 more miles up the road.
Tinkham
Tinkham
From there I jogged in the steady rain up the road to the PCT and began the foggy/cloudy hike south. After two miles the cairn marking the split up to the saddle was very clear. Headed up through very wet brush on a clear trail to the ridge. Made my way up the scramble unsure of whether or not I was on Tinkham or Abiel. According to the mountaineer’s register on the summit, it was Tinkham (5385). It was windy, cold and wet up there. Retraced my steps back towards Silver and stayed high on the ridge all the way to the summit. Logged a geocache on the ridge before the summit. I apparently had lost Abiel in the fog.
Tinkham Peak
Tinkham Peak
Descended the brutal talus slope to the lake. Found some nice mushrooms just before the lake. The weather broke and the sun actually came out for the rest of the day. I tried a few casts in the lake but the trout were tiny. I did not see ANY other people, besides the people who gave me rides. It was definitely a day of solitude. Jogged and hiked my way back down towards my car.
Lake Annette
Lake Annette
Saw some TNAB’ers heading up to Annette. I had originally planned to join them on their way out, but I was ahead of schedule and wanted to get home. Arrived at my car at 6:45 p.m.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Sep 03, 2009 11:25 pm 
Watch out about those TNABers they are an usavory lot, trouble if you ask me wink.gif You might get added into their total and violate some unwritten rule huh.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Go Jo
of the lykkens

Go Jo
of the lykkens
PostThu Sep 03, 2009 11:27 pm 
up.gif up.gif Great job! Zeusdaddy mentioned he spotted you as you completed your trip tonight. Next time join us for some grub hungry.gif ~Jo

Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostFri Sep 04, 2009 4:36 am 
TNAB: Transthoracic needle aspiration biopsy You're all physicians, eh? huh.gif

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
run4cache

run4cache
PostFri Sep 04, 2009 6:41 am 
What was for dinner? If I had known I might have hung around.