Forum Index > Trip Reports > TNAB Gives Annette a Wet Willie 9/3/2009
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gone

gone
PostFri Sep 04, 2009 10:05 am 
Annette Lake, that is. Historically it's been Annette sticking a wet finger in TNAB's collective ear, but this year the weather broke nice at the last minute and left us with dry blue skies. The air was crisp and cool, particularly at the lake after the sun dipped below Humpback's ridge, making the high-speed lake bagging a real pleasure. As usual, TNAB peeps trickled onto the trail in bits. Excluding run4cache, who got an extra early start on an altNAB up and over Silver and who met us on his way out, I was first on trail. I was caught by Larry and Digger above the switchbacks, and together we tagged the lake first. Next to arrive was Malachi Constant, soon followed by SeattleHikerToo and ZuesDaddy, the latter pulled along by Zues and Athena. Recon joined us at the lake a bit later. And not too long after, GeoTom and GeoDanni pulled in with Jasper, completing the TNAB set. Snacks were eaten, stories told, Silver contemplated, pictures taken, sticks fetched, headlights affixed, and eventually trail was trampled back to the parking lot. More food and stories postNAB at the Pour House, where we were joined by the ever delightful Go Jo. No summit, and not much upitude. Lots of distance, though. Maybe 7.5 miles roundtrip, and about 1,700' gain. Fastest TNABers made the lake in just about an hour, and we all made it back in about that time, too.
Humpback Creek
Humpback Creek
Forest Colors
Forest Colors
Some Blue Skies
Some Blue Skies
Annette Reflections
Annette Reflections
And with that, I am out of here. It's been real. TNABers, see you next week! smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Go Jo
of the lykkens

Go Jo
of the lykkens
PostFri Sep 04, 2009 10:40 am 
ewb wrote:
Forest Colors
Forest Colors
So that's what they use in the cheesy tots! hmmm.gif

run4cache

run4cache
PostFri Sep 04, 2009 1:33 pm 
Nice report! I was craving a stop with you guys at the Pour House...the season isn't over yet! Nice mushroom pic. I saw a lot of those. I think you made a good choice by not going up Silver. I HATE that talus field (I've done it twice during the past year and I hope I don't ever do it again).

tigermn

tigermn
PostFri Sep 04, 2009 5:46 pm 
run4cache wrote:
Nice report! I was craving a stop with you guys at the Pour House...the season isn't over yet! Nice mushroom pic. I saw a lot of those. I think you made a good choice by not going up Silver. I HATE that talus field (I've done it twice during the past year and I hope I don't ever do it again).
Not that I'm excited to do a talus field but where do you cut up/off the trail to get up Silver from there?

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat
PostFri Sep 04, 2009 5:52 pm 
Go Jo wrote:
ewb wrote:
Forest Colors
Forest Colors
So that's what they use in the cheesy tots! hmmm.gif
I was thinkin Cheetos. We carried a bag with us on our last hike. It would be great to know if they are growing out in the woods. hockeygrin.gif

.....leaving me wanting to return over and over in what ever capacity that may be, even if one day my knees are too old and I can only see the mountains from my porch. Jason Hummel
moosefish
I am the fish

moosefish
I am the fish
PostSat Sep 05, 2009 9:34 am 
Did you drop any of the cheetos? Maybe that's where all those invasive species have come from...

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat
PostSat Sep 05, 2009 10:50 am 
No whole ones that I am aware of. We did have quite a bit of sticky orange powder coating our fingers when we finished lunch. So, perhaps, a few spores were released. We'll see. Keep your eye out for wild invasive Cheetos.

.....leaving me wanting to return over and over in what ever capacity that may be, even if one day my knees are too old and I can only see the mountains from my porch. Jason Hummel