Forum Index > Trip Reports > nehalem bay
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
3sisters

3sisters
PostFri Oct 16, 2009 9:55 pm 
I did a beach hike at Nehalem bay state park , near Manzanita Oregon last Sunday. It has a beach and bay separated by dunes. It is a very large park with camping , bike trails ,boat launch for the bay. And even an air strip with campsites for small plane visitors. I left the boat launch at the bay and went south, no mud just sand .Walked to the Jetty and turned North on the ocean beach.To this point I had very few interruptions. A couple of trees down and a lot drift wood entering the beach. Walked the beach North until I saw the first trail up the dune. Trail was marked by a large post and flag. This took me to the day use area and I walked about a half mile to the boat launch and my truck. Do not know the distance but at two hours and forty minutes. It must three to four miles? You could make this trip farther by going to the campground beach entrances and taking the bike path to the boat launch. On this day I only saw two people. Sorry no pictures, But here is a google earth image of the park.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster