Forum Index > Trip Reports > Paddy Go Easy - French Potholes - Tuck & Robin - 10/04/09
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Josh Cowart
hiker/fisherman

Josh Cowart
hiker/fisherman
PostSat Oct 17, 2009 1:38 pm 
Rich is an animal. I literally ran to keep up with him on my 20 miler with him. He had all the fish too thank god. I dont think anyone on the planet can cover more ground than rich can in the back country. Someone might be able to out trail run him but off trail rich is the king. Ill bet he get 300 miles or more in a season. I personally went on 35 with him this year.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jeff R
Closet hiker.

Jeff R
Closet hiker.
PostSat Oct 17, 2009 9:20 pm 
rolleyes.gif pshaw, please. I can name a lot of folks that can give him a ' off trail run' and make it look easy.

Ebrace life!
Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostSat Oct 17, 2009 9:40 pm 
Rich and I took a trip a few years back where we met at a lake on a known high route. He'd started early in the morning on a day I had to work until noon, when I'd started for the trailhead and hiked the trail portion of the trip. Next morning I headed off-trail up to the high route and met Rich late in the afternoon after he returned from stocking a lake over the ridge. After fishing several lakes and enjoying a third night out, we dropped down the rib to the trail. I told Rich it had taken me over four hours to climb to the ridge the day before and asked how quickly he'd ascended; two hours! This was over 4000 vertical. My money's on Rich.

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
Josh Cowart
hiker/fisherman

Josh Cowart
hiker/fisherman
PostSun Oct 18, 2009 12:10 am 
That is saying something coming from you dave. You are legendary yourself. I dont know if people really know what its like to have water sloshing around in your pack like that either. Oh well im pretty sure rich would love to hike with just about anyone who thinks they can keep up with him.